My Emac

Help Please

Hello,

i have a powerbook G4 15" and i was on it today and later in the day my apple pictures went when i mean apple pictures i mean the ones that apple puts on like a nature ones and black and white ones ect... and now aperture wont open and java wont work on stuff on the internet eg,Habbo and runescape.And half my widgets have gone eg,wheather,clock,and other ones.

Please help me,

Firstly it's highly unlikely it would just randomly happen. Try to remember what software you've installed / removed recently. You can always try reinstalling the latest combo updater, failing that you could do an archive and install.

Firstly it's highly unlikely it would just randomly happen. Try to remember what software you've installed / removed recently. You can always try reinstalling the latest combo updater, failing that you could do an archive and install.

If i download the combo updater will it get rid off all my photos,programs and music and documents?

No the combo updater wouldnt do that, try doing an archive and install from your restore disk which came with your mac.

and now my normal apple background picture is gone u know the blue apple one at the login window and when you start a new account and all those other apple pictures are gone and java wont work

I have a feeling that your pictures are still there. You can verify by opening a Finder window, select the Go > Go to folder menu, type /Library/Desktop Pictures and hit return. See if your pictures are still there. I am sorry that I do not know how to solve your Java problem.