desertrose0601

It just works...

I just got my iBook today!! It's so sweet!! And, in typical Apple fashion, it "just works". Seriously. I logged in, told it my name, etc, etc, such as you do with any new computer. Then I installed the AirPort card that I'd also bought off of eBay. Anyway, this was seriously the easiest thing I've ever installed on a computer. Just "click" and it's in. I didn't even need a screwdriver to take anything apart.

Then I went back into my computer and (in typical Windows-user fashion) tried to find the system settings to enable my wireless card. Before I got too far, I realized that it was probably already working, such as is typical with a Mac. So I opened my Safari web browser, and sure enough, it'd already noticed my card and connected me to our wireless network! Crazy. I've never ever ever had a PC do anything that smoothly and automatically.

So I had to tell you my good news, and now I'm off to import my iTunes library. :)

tom203    0

My first mac was the ibook also and its certainly a great reliable machine with perfect form factor, everything on the mac just seems to work and finally welcome to the mac :D

mac_fanboy    0

My first mac was a MacBook, and I LOVE IT! Also I would recomend (if you're willing to) putting something like linux on your old PC. It's also a great operating system and distrobutions like Ubuntu are free and easy to use too.

My first mac was a MacBook, and I LOVE IT! Also I would recomend (if you're willing to) putting something like linux on your old PC. It's also a great operating system and distrobutions like Ubuntu are free and easy to use too.

I actually had Ubuntu on it my old PC for awhile, right after Windows jumped out of this life on me. Unfortunately then the keyboard starting dying, and then the disc drive died, and eventually it was too much hassle to me to keep trying to piece together my falling-apart laptop! (Mind you, this was only a 2 to 3 year old Dell! Guess they don't make 'em to last!)

I do think Ubuntu was fun, though. A bit geeky, since you have to use the command line every now and then. But overall, a very solid OS. It's interesting though, I can tell that Linux and Mac are from the same Unix ancestor - so now it's a bit like meeting a long-lost cousin in the Mac! A family resemblance! :) Makes switching just that much less intimidating since I've already broken down some of my Windows-tendancies when I was using Linux.