SebastianK

What is the best way to organize music by artist with various artist...

What is the best way in iTunes 7 to organize my music by an artist who has several songs that have appearances by other artist? I now have about 400 Artist, in my artist list.

1-Most of them are by the same Artist but with people who appear on their album as a special guest. What is the best solution for this?

2-The same Artist appear on someone else's album what is the best solutions for this? I would like to have as few categories as possible.

When I have a track with 2 artist, how will iTunes handle both Artist or do I have to determine? If I choose 1 Artist, does this mean that when I search for the 2nd Artist that the track would not be found. Please help me. I want to fix my Library so I can back it up.

What is the best way in iTunes 7 to organize my music by an artist who has several songs that have appearances by other artist? I now have about 400 Artist, in my artist list.

1-Most of them are by the same Artist but with people who appear on their album as a special guest. What is the best solution for this?

2-The same Artist appear on someone else's album what is the best solutions for this? I would like to have as few categories as possible.

When I have a track with 2 artist, how will iTunes handle both Artist or do I have to determine? If I choose 1 Artist, does this mean that when I search for the 2nd Artist that the track would not be found. Please help me. I want to fix my Library so I can back it up.

List the second name with the song title. It will still come up in a search but not when you click on artist names in the browser.

You could also add the second artist in the comments field, and they will also appear when searching.

Edited by Ceoltoir

I always remove the second artist. Or put it in the Comments. I can't stand browsing for an artist and having it miss a song because of a guest singer.