TerryB

iTunes Library "hiccup"?

This seems to occur a lot. I delete some tunes and the Smartfolder insists on showing them as being there - until I try to access them - when it says it can't locate them; shows an"!"

I have tried running "Consolidate Library" a couple of times to no avail. Is it me?

TerryB :wacko:

You need to force the Smart Playlist to update. Easiest way is to just quit and relaunch iTunes I think.

Hmmm - thanks for that. I DO quit and relaunch iTunes probably a couple of times a day on my iMac G5, but this still occurs. I noticed it there again today! The files just do not exist on my HD but iTunes thinks they are there - until they are highlighted in the iTunes list THEN one gets the "!" :blink:

cheers, TerryB, Northumberland, England

I guess smart playlists aren't as smart as people think they are. ;):P

How about creating a new smart playlist with the old conditions?

Right click on it, hit Edit Smart Playlist and make sure that Live Updating is checked.

Also, how are you deleting the files?

Right click on it, hit Edit Smart Playlist and make sure that Live Updating is checked.

Also, how are you deleting the files?

Tried that :-( and yes I do use Live Updating. I normally delete using the option to "Move To Trash" - so these files just aren't there, even when I check for them using Spotlight (which shows them in the Trash!). ANd in response to Ignoracious's welcome input, I have tried rebuilding these playlists on a number of occasions with the same results. Strikes me that something in the ITunes database is not being deleted, as though it keeps the old item in the catalogue and just removes the pointer?