yhyoon12

refurbished macbooks and leopard???

I decided to get a refurbished macbook. However i took a look at the apple website and took a look at leopard.

after, i decided it was worth it to wait until it came out. My question is, how long until leopard comes with new laptops?

also im looking for a good mouse, i looked at a couple micro$oft mice and settled on one, opon browzing the forum i saw some people saying there are connectivity issues with the bluetooth in the microsoft mince, is this true?

leopard will be on the new computers as soon as its released, but if you want a refurbished computer with leopard preinstalled, it'll take longer because obviously there wont be returned computers with leopard installed the day it ships.

and i dont know about the mouse thing.

I had no end of trouble when I tried a MS bluetooth mouse. When I was getting a mouse my only requirement was that it used my mac's internal bluetooth and the only mouse I found was the mighty mouse.

I decided to get a refurbished macbook. However i took a look at the apple website and took a look at leopard.

after, i decided it was worth it to wait until it came out. My question is, how long until leopard comes with new laptops?

also im looking for a good mouse, i looked at a couple micro$oft mice and settled on one, opon browzing the forum i saw some people saying there are connectivity issues with the bluetooth in the microsoft mince, is this true?

As Joe said, Leopard will ship on new laptops in October when it is (supposed to be) released.

As Joe said, Leopard will ship on new laptops in October when it is (supposed to be) released.

I am in a similar spot. I am going to be purchasing a new laptop, but I have a strong feeling I should wait until Leopard. Do any of you have any predictions on whether or not Apple will release new laptop hardwear? If so, what are they?

Apple is probably going to upgrade the MacBooks around late November/December. By then, Leopard will probably be on 10.5.1 if Apple's software engineers don't take a vacation.

Check out the Mac buyers' guide. That may give you a sense of how often Macs are updated.

Apple is probably going to upgrade the MacBooks around late November/December. By then, Leopard will probably be on 10.5.1 if Apple's software engineers don't take a vacation.

Late November/early December puts them close to MacWorld, though it might make the Christmas buying season. I'm not sure I agree with your assessment based on the MacRumors cycle data.

I'd guess at either with Leopard in October or if not, then it won't be until Macworld.

You're up late, Graham. Though, maybe I think that way because 10:00 PM is pretty much my bedtime these days and you're a bit more energetic than I.

Anyway, I was talking about MacBook updates, not Leopard. I believe they'll deliver it by October.

Late November/early December puts them close to MacWorld, though it might make the Christmas buying season. I'm not sure I agree with your assessment based on the MacRumors cycle data.

IF they do update, it would be only because of a speed bump, not because of major hardware change. And with macs, just because you don't have the absolute latest hardware, you won't be missing out on the newest software. But, if you can wait, then wait... if not, then don't worry about it.

Wayne