WVMikeP

Filesharing troubles

I am trying to set up file saring temporarily between my G5 (10.4) and my Mac Mini (10.3). My G5 is connected to my router and my Mac Mini is connected via Airport (I have the 802.11g base station connected to the router). Unlike my iBook (10.4), which can see and be seen by the G5 while plugged into the router, the Mini and G5 are invisible to each other using personal file sharing. Reading an Apple support page, I even tried turning on AppleTalk. No dice.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Edited by WVMikeP

I'm not sure this will work but I think it's what I did in similar circumstances. Assuming you have file sharing turned on on both, check each one to see what the IP is assigned. Then, on one of them use the Go | Connect to Server option in the Finder. In the Server Address box, type afp://192.168.1.101( or, whatever the IP address is for the other one).

I'm not sure this will work but I think it's what I did in similar circumstances. Assuming you have file sharing turned on on both, check each one to see what the IP is assigned. Then, on one of them use the Go | Connect to Server option in the Finder. In the Server Address box, type afp://192.168.1.101( or, whatever the IP address is for the other one).

I found the problem. Both my router and my Airport AP were set up to assign IP addresses. I looked at it and sure enough. 2 computers on 2 different networks, essentially.