s03bf0c0

MBP for Gaming

Hey,

I have a 15" G4 Powerbook that is in need of replacement, but I really want a machine that I can use to play some upcoming games, like Crysis and Bioshock. I was looking at the 15" MBP with the 256MB graphics card, to use Vista/Bootcamp. Has anybody tried this setup for playing games? Is it any good?

I'm starting to think it might make more sense to get something like the Alienware M9750 which is built for gaming, and has the MXM compliant motherboard that allows for DX10 upgrades later, but I donno if I can live without OSX. I used to use Gentoo Linux before switching to the mac 2 years ago.

Edited by s03bf0c0

I have a 360 for games. I gave up with having a PC for games years ago, even before I switched.

Yeah, thats an option, although I would then need to get a TV. (Most people assume that you already have one of those) and the reason for getting a gaming laptop (and not a big desktop) is that im pretty tight for space in my house. (its a micro house that I share with 3 other people).

I should use less brackets

I like my MBP for gameing (the 2.4GHz 15" one), I just plug in an external mouse and its plenty fast enough for me and plays all the games I have seen.