Sign in to follow this  
Tom.landy

Paris Expo 2005

Well, I'm going and so is our good friend Steve Jobs...what do we think will be unveiled? are we thinking G5 Powerbooks? the Video iPod? and the obvious bluetooth Mighty Mouse...

also I'd love to see a demo of 10.5 Leopard...

what do we thinkk, I'm dying to know your opinions

Just my opinion...

I doubt new Powerbooks will be released anytime soon. I bet they're the first for the Intel switch, with no G5 ever to come.

Maybe the Video iPod. There has been a ton of discussion recently.

Nah, they wouldn't use something huge like the Paris Expo just for another mouse, especially just a few weeks after the original release.

And I think Leopard is still far away, and maybe even be released along with the first intel machines.

I think Video iPod's are our best bet, and maybe something on the iTunes Phone, considering that hasn't happened yet.

our (as apple has done recently eg the MM and intel switch) they might announce something out of the blue,that no one has any idea of,just seems thats the way steve likes to do it

Well, I think a G5 powerbook is forseeable...It will bring the powerbook to a stage where it can last until next may/june/july for the next WWDC and the intel switch...

I am very sceptical about a video iPod, although I could see apple making a newton like device with an emphesis on multimedia

and finally I think the wireless mighty mouse is only weeks away from release...

still all this stuff isnt anything too big,so apple wont use the world expo to announce the BT mighty mouse,desnt make any sense. I think the Bt MM is just gonna discretlt slip onto the applestore website then into apple stores.then well have hat same 5 page discussion on a mouse. :roll: :roll:

I think the BT MM is a possibility, not the major feature, I am really hoping for either a tablet mac, powerbook g5 or the portable media centre thing I mentined earlier...

when exactly is the paris expo? if there is a powerbook g5 (although it seems very highly doubtful) or some sort of powerbook upgrade, i want to wait to find out before buying a powerbook now

maybe we might see the universal remote that apple patented a while back?

when exactly is the paris expo?

"The Apple Expo 2005 Keynote presentation will be held at the Palais des Congrès in Paris, on Tuesday, 20 September at 10:00 am."

updates always on a tuesday!

I'd really love a powerbook upgrade...

possibly itunes 5, especially if they announce new ipods (video, color screen minis and larger shuffle sizes).

True, and if they change the interface it could get them out of a lawsuit or two...

I have never been to a Keynote and I can easily get to Paris for the Keynote, although I am just wondering as a ordinary "Jo Bloggs" will I be likely to get in? I have registered, however what is the attendance usually like? Massive ques on the day? Getting there at 2am on the night before??

I usually just watch them on the webcast when they get released, but thought it might be fun to attend one with Steve Jobs, especially since I am so close to Paris.

Love to hear your opinions :D

Cheers

Well I'm going to the expo at 7am to get in line for the keynote, it will be a long queue from photos I've seen...It'll be fun, especially with Stevey there!

Where can you get the webcast at when it does come out? Wait...Apple site?

Yeah, I'm sure there will be a link on the main page, if they do a webcast. It seems like its a crapshoot wether it will be available or not. You could also always visit www.macrumorslive.com, where they update the Keynote live while it is happening. You can see it's still hanging around from WWDC 2005, but I bet the next event they'll do is Paris.

blue tooth ipod or color sreen ipod mini or 4gb flash memory ipod mini or an announcement of flash memory based powerbooks?

In all honesty, I think Stevey will just show ff a few intel macs, give us a new iPod, perhaps minis with colour screen, and generally reassure us that Intel will be wonderful and by the way Leopard is coming out, no working sample though...

I'm gonna be doing a podcast from the expo and I'll setup a link to it on the day...I'll post the link here when I know more...

blue tooth ipod is stupid the connection is just too slow