Graham

I have invites!

16 posts in this topic

I have invites for Skitch (awesome app - you'll love it) and Pownce (heap of junk, but it'll be popular since Kevin Rose made it). If anyone's interested send me a message.

I have three invites left for Skitch, and six for Pownce.

[edit] I also have five invites for Mailplane. It's a gmail client - quite nice, but I don't really have much use for it at the moment.

Edited by Graham

*NOTE TO MOD*

Can this be stickified and made the offical place to ask for an invite?

Also I have Pownce, Skitch, and Joost invites.

Oh bugger, forgot about Joost. I have them too.

I've tried both Skitch and Mailplane. Skitch is awesome, fun, and intuitive screen capture program. I also reviewed Mailplane...see that here http://macfeed.net/2007/10/01/mailplane-a-review/ I was unimpressed.

can i get an invite to skitch and joost.. thanks guys

pm me or email (thespottedelf@gmail.com)

hey now you don't have to have an invite to joost :D just d/led and i'm watching now sweet

Que? Skitch is in public beta and Pownce doesn't exist any more.

Que? Skitch is in public beta and Pownce doesn't exist any more.

So you dont have any Pownce invites? ;)

This sticky so exemplifies the silliness of invites. It's just a marketing gimmick, nothing to get excited about.

Now how about giving me a Google Wave invite? Anyone?

This sticky so exemplifies the silliness of invites. It's just a marketing gimmick, nothing to get excited about.

Now how about giving me a Google Wave invite? Anyone?

PM'ed.

I've got plenty of Google Wave invites if anyone else wants them, too. I have to admit - there's a lot of hype around this one. It's cool to play with for a day or two and then you realize that no one else uses it either so it's not that fun. But I've still got invites if you are interested. Just PM me your email address.

Apple Geek

Nah, I don't see a use case for Google Wave. Many have offered me GW invites and I have declined all. Who knows, once Google is removed from the product, and my ISP starts offering a Wave service.

I have a bunch of Wave invitations as well. Honestly, you'll tinker with it for 2 or 3 days and then forget about it. Needs to be an open standard to be useful.

Nah, I don't see a use case for Google Wave. Many have offered me GW invites and I have declined all. Who knows, once Google is removed from the product, and my ISP starts offering a Wave service.

I guess google agreed with you, as of last week. I couldn't wrap my head around the purpose of Wave. Maybe it was a lack of critical mass like Twitter has. When Twitter first started it was kinda lame too, but now that everyone I know is on it, it's useful.

Problem was, IMO, that it was meant as a collaboration tool ... it was only useful if you had a goup of people working together on a project or activity, etc. .... and if you are working together with others, chances are you already have other services in common that you can use.