joshr

Breaking WEP encyrption

I don't know how long this post will stay up but I am tired of being somewhere having lots of WEP networks around and no passwords. I am not trying to do any kind of "hacking" I just want to be able to get internet access when I want to. I have a macbook pro 2.0ghz. What's available?

Edited by joshr

It's a bit of an "oldy", but KisMac seems to be a good way to access WEP networks. See this Google video. You can find KisMac still on sites like VersionTracker, although the Germany-based developers had to discontinue development, because of strict (read: dumb) German laws against hacking.

It's a bit of an "oldy", but KisMac seems to be a good way to access WEP networks. See this Google video. You can find KisMac still on sites like VersionTracker, although the Germany-based developers had to discontinue development, because of strict (read: dumb) German laws against hacking.

I am pretty sure that the airport extreme is not supported. It can run n passive mode now which is new but there are all sorts of things about how you shouldn't hold your breath for it to ever be fully supported.

Edited by joshr

Thats right josh you cant open all the channels using the built in airport card, you can is you use a dongle of some sort

Edited by tom203

Thats right josh you cant open all the channels using the built in airport card, you can is you use a dongle of some sort

I don't want to buy any hardware. Is it just that some channels won't work? If I can't use it all of the time that's not the end of the world. If it works even occasionally that will be great.