weeks82

Can anyone recomend me a mouse ? Other than the mighty mouse

Well I just finished off my third migty mouse by throwing it against the wall. Can anyone recomend a mouse for use with the mac that will allow me to use the expose feauture. It doesn't have to be cordless, I actually think I would prefer corded. Any help greatly appreciated.

Well I just finished off my third migty mouse by throwing it against the wall. Can anyone recomend a mouse for use with the mac that will allow me to use the expose feauture. It doesn't have to be cordless, I actually think I would prefer corded. Any help greatly appreciated.

I have always liked Microsoft mice, the software isn't hard to figure out and it's highly customizable and updated somewhat frequently. They also are large and fit my big hands well. I prefer their corded ones too.

My personal favorite is the Intellimouse Explorer.

roog

I also like the Microsoft mice for all of the reasons that Roogie mentioned. The only issue I have with them is that the scroll wheels don't ratchet but are smooth. This feels great, but if you play any games that use the scroll wheel to, for example, change weapons one per click, the lack of a ratchet feel can be greatly missed. Other than M$ I'd have to recommend Logitech, their Mac software is usually somewhat lacing, but their products tend to last me for a very long time. I have a collection of old Logitech mice that still work fine, but I wanted something more, cordless for example. Personally I think you'd be happy with either a M$ mouse or a Logitech, often times large electronics stores such as Best Buy have a wall of mice on display for you to check out and play with, even if you don't buy from them, it's nice to feel before you buy.

-Tom

I've used a Logitech MX Revolution, and if it wasn't for my hatred of things plugging into my mac (hence me going for the wireless MM) that's the mouse I'd be using. It's pretty damn awesome.

When the rest of the industry adopts Bluetooth more ubiquitously we'll see more bluetooth devices and it'll do away with USB dongles. Has anyone seen the new Logitech VX Nano? The USB dongle on that is literally only 4 or 5 millimeters longer than the USB plug. It's insanely tiny. You should check out the link. It really looks like a sweet mouse.

-Tom

I've been using Logitech's wireless S530 Laser Keyboard and Mouse, designed for the Mac. I've had to reinstall the software and drivers a couple of times when it has started acting weird, but otherwise its been good solid product.

Product info

I find Logitech to absolutely incompetent at writing drivers for their own products, they either miss out ridiculously obvious features, crash, cause your computer to kernel panic, or simply don't even recognize the device in the first place. So using Steermouse is pretty much compulsory when it comes to Logitech mice.

I've used a Logitech MX Revolution, and if it wasn't for my hatred of things plugging into my mac (hence me going for the wireless MM) that's the mouse I'd be using. It's pretty damn awesome.

I'm using the cordless Logitech MX Revolution (uses a USB dongle to do the wireless.) It's awesome. I love the momentum-driven scrollwheeel, which is unlike any other scrolling I've seen and I've become totally hooked on the concept! I also like the feel, the preceision, the verticle and horizontal scrolling, all the buttons, even the recharging cradle and charge light. (You do need to be right-handed, the layout isn't southpaw-friendly.)

Gizmodo did a review and picture spread on it and CommandN did a video review in Eps 94 (available from iTunes as a free video podcasst.)

I have a Logitech MX 900 Bluetooth Mouse (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Bluetooth-Cordless-Optical-930970-0403/dp/B000BTUV1S/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-6827649-7110403?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1189201274&sr=8-2) which I use on my Mac Mini G4, a Logitech V270 Cordless Optical Bluetooth Mouse (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Optical-Mouse-Bluetooth/dp/B000BDDBLG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-6827649-7110403?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1189201336&sr=1-1) which I use on my MacBook Pro, and the Logitech Cordless Desktop S 530 Laser Keyboard and Mouse (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Desktop-Laser-967664-0403/dp/B000E204LY/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-6827649-7110403?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1189201377&sr=1-1) for my G5 Tower.

Logitech stuff is great, and has NEVER died on me. I still have 4 other sets (some wireless, some wired) hooked up to other computers around the house and work.

When the rest of the industry adopts Bluetooth more ubiquitously we'll see more bluetooth devices and it'll do away with USB dongles. Has anyone seen the new Logitech VX Nano? The USB dongle on that is literally only 4 or 5 millimeters longer than the USB plug. It's insanely tiny. You should check out the link. It really looks like a sweet mouse.

-Tom

It's amazing that the dongle is so tiny. I just saw one at Circuit City the other day. It looks sweet!