haivu

Is it legal to sell my Aperture software?

Hello everyone,

After several months of using both Aperture and Lightroom, I decided to stick with Lightroom. My question is, can I legally sell off my copy of Aperture? I still have the original CD, but nothing else.

I'm pretty sure you can as long as it's uninstalled on your machine.

I'm pretty sure you can as long as it's uninstalled on your machine.

Yes, you can legally sell it and as Graham says you should have uninstalled it from your Mac.

roog

Thank you all for your input. I of course will uninstall it. In fact, I am going to uninstall it soon since my hard drive space is getting short. My next question: have you ever sell software on eBay? I remember a couple of years ago, I tried to sell my perfectly legit copy of Windows 98 and eBay pulled my listing.

Thank you all for your input. I of course will uninstall it. In fact, I am going to uninstall it soon since my hard drive space is getting short. My next question: have you ever sell software on eBay? I remember a couple of years ago, I tried to sell my perfectly legit copy of Windows 98 and eBay pulled my listing.

I've sold a lot of software on eBay and the only one of my listings that ever got pulled was a very legit copy of Microsoft Office. I was told it was a violation of copyright law. Right... They just can't stand that anyone would try to get rid of their crappy software. (I'm now using the disc as a coffee coaster.)

So my theory is, as long as it isn't Microsoft software, you're probably fine selling it.

And you'll have to inform apple of the new owner too, since I guess the software is registered to you.

I want to purchase Aperture. How much do you want for your copy?