New iPods! Fatty Nano, Ipod Classic, and iPod Touch.

Today apple released the new iPods!

Nano

08_large20070905.jpg

Shuffle

10_large20070905.jpg

iPod Classic

10_large20070905.jpg

Ipod Touch

03_large20070905.jpg

Nano now does video 4 and 8 gb

Shuffle same but a refresh in colors

iPod Classic 80 and 160gb hd in silver and black (No white?!?) also has longer battery

iPod Touch WOW 8gb and 16gb modles touch screen like iphone 3.5! has Wifi Also!

is teh ipod touch a glass screen?

i Think its the same as on the iPhone and it looks shiny in the actual photos so i would assume its a glass one

The MacWorld coverage I read didn't mention and I don't think Steve did either. Looking at it, I would guess at Yes but I don't know for sure.

I am in utter loss of words. I dont know where to spend my money! The phone, classis and the touch are almost the same $$. And the nano i actually think i like the new look. its amazingly small

Uggh you apple!

I just bought the iPod touch. I cannot wait. It is the iPod that I was waiting for. Finally multitouch in CANADA!!!!

The more I look at the iPod Touch the more I want an iPhone...

Camera, anywhere web browsing, definate glass screen, and I firmly believe were going to see a 16GB version before too long...

Also if nothing else, the notes don't transfer to the stuff either??? is this a crazy thing or no? from the walkthrough on the iPod Classic page on apple.com they don't transfer even to it, the touch, or the new nano!!! thats unbelievable!

I wonder how many people have an internal laptop HDD with more than 160 GB to synchronize with the 160 GB iPod classic. That 160 GB is a bit overkill I guess.

I was just speaking with Bill from iProng Radio and he was at the event and asked an Apple employee. They said the iPod Touch was the same screen as the iPhone and the iPod Classic was the same as the 5th Gen iPod.

it my screen stuffed? what's with the colours? It looks like the nanos in the big w catalogue from last year after being out in the rain.

a weird thing i noticed is that on the tech specs page it says 80gb and 160gb store 25000 photos. didnt the 30gb store that much? and the 16GB stores 20000 which is almost as much as the 160gb!

I am going to be the "grumpy fanboy" (aka Dvorak) here and just say that I am not impressed with the iPod Touch. There is simply no new innovation in this iPod except for the mobile music store which, lets face it, is software innovation and has nothing to do with the hardware itself. I personally do not care to have an iPod that is 8mm thick but only holds 16 GB of memory (isn't a standard movie off the iTunes Music Store 2GB? That would only mean you could put maybe 8 movies on it not counting music, photos, contacts, etc.). I would rather have a 15 to 20 mm iPod with a widescreen and 160GB of memory. This would truly be the best of both worlds and, in my mind, "the best iPod ever!" I have never had an issue with my mini hard drives in any of my iPods so I do not see Steve's reasoning behind this.

Sorry Apple... You aren't getting any of my money this time around as I don't feel that you really listened to what people were asking for.

Now, let the beatings from fellow Mac geeks begin!

I think the main reasoning behind not having a hard drive in the iPod Touch (apart from the size issue) is the delay involved with accessing data. When you play a song with album art on a 5th gen there is a second or two before the album art appears. This isn't there with flash based iPods. Think of using multi touch with it stopping and starting all the time - eugh.

Having said that, I'm curious to see how well coverflow performs on the iPod Classic because of this.

I love teh idea of the iphone touch, listen to macbreak weekly, thay've been talking about this for months and its exactly what they all want...Personally I want an iPhone but I live in ireland so can't even get the cheap 4gb model now...I will be buying an 8 or hopefully 16gb iphone after christmas if thats when we get it over here but for right now I'm buying a nano myself, am about to order it now...

...Personally I want an iPhone but I live in ireland so can't even get the cheap 4gb model now...

The 8gb model is now cheaper than the 4gb model was. The $200 price drop is unprecedented.

i don't like the design of the new nanos. They look "tubby". The older profile was much more sleek. The Touch, on the other hand, is a thing of beauty. The side profile is the most amazing thing i've seen in a while. Perhaps if they bump the storage capacity a lot i'll get one when my current 5th gen finally dies.

i don't like the design of the new nanos. They look "tubby". The older profile was much more sleek. The Touch, on the other hand, is a thing of beauty. The side profile is the most amazing thing i've seen in a while. Perhaps if they bump the storage capacity a lot i'll get one when my current 5th gen finally dies.

well my first gen nano is dying now so I'm going to look towards the new fat nano...its awesome for what it does for the cost...I'm a podcast & audiobook man so anything else is really pointless for me

That 16GB touch has my name on it, it's exactly what I wanted. I honestly didn't expect it to have Safari, I thought it would take a miracle so I didn't get my hopes up. When it was announced I almost jumped out of my seat

Shame you can't get a white one though.

well my first gen nano is dying now so I'm going to look towards the new fat nano...its awesome for what it does for the cost...I'm a podcast & audiobook man so anything else is really pointless for me

i agree about the cost/function completely. i'm just a fan of the narrow case. i loved the design of the mini when it was out, and the metal nanos looked a lot like a smaller version. Similarly i like the look of the Touch.

i'm not much into audiobooks yet because my commute is only 10 mins. When it was longer i loved listening to books on tape (this was in my pre-iPod days). i do like to carry a ton of music around though.

The more I look at the iPod Touch the more I want an iPhone...

Me too. Especially now that the prices have been slashed. That's really what was holding me back.

i don't like the design of the new nanos. They look "tubby".

Absolutely. I love my "old" nano (that I just bought a few months ago) because it's so slim and sleek. This new stubby-pod (as Adam calls it) just looks awkward. That being said... it does have a lot of very cool features.

I don't love the new nano design but it is pretty awesome that you can now get a nano with video. Just from looking online it seems like it's a nano with the same size screen as my old video. Also having the wifi on the ipod touch really wants me want one. Plus a flash based unit should have much better battery life. I think they finally managed a decent replacement for my old sony clie.

Edited by joshr

Steve said it has the same screen as the iPhone so I would be guessing yes, it is glass.

My new NANO arrived today, oh mu god is it beautiful...so small and to be honest fantastic...

it looks like your looking at a classic at 10 paces...

I almost bought the sudoku game for my new (and beautiful) 80 GB silver iPod classic.

Looks like none of the iPod games support the new models just yet.

Some users are reporting problems with video display quality of the touch.

Sounds like the touch is going to be a product with some 1st generation issues.