Sign in to follow this  
Punk Mac Geek

hopefully steve doesnt see this !!! lol

I had to call them once for my girlfriend's PC. Unfortunately I don't speak Indian, and they didn't speak very good English... Don't buy a dell. Get a geek friend to knock up a home built one for you. It'll probably work out quite a bit cheaper if you don't need a top end one.

I seriously don't find anything wrong with Dell support. If you have a hard time understanding them you can always ask them to forward the call to someone else.

Personally I'd stop volunteering helping friends to build system. Just tell them to get a Mac /w Applecare if it's a new user. Unless they have a serious PC problem otherwise I don't want to get myself dirty again. hehheh.

Except every time you get transfered at Dell Customer support, latency increases. After a few transfers, 1 second delays between each thing said. Also, the poster has to get a PC for certain reasons. Getting a geek friend or even a local computer store to assemble a cheap custom XP system is probably the best idea.

if you''ve never called Dell Customer support, you can't even understand. Trust me, it's a terrible experience. Don't get me wrong, I've got no beef with their hardware, just their consumer support.

I called Dell before. For work or for home. No doubt Dell support for corp is much better (they are base in Austin, TX) but for as far as I know they have improved the home service as well.

If you have a trusted local source to build a system than that's not a bad option either. For me I'm done building my own system since I'm tried of dealing with multiple vendors when something goes wrong.

What you have to do is everytime you get somene who knows their stuff, ask them for their extension.

im actually getting a trade for my old emac, dont worry im not a reverse switcher i still have and will use mainly my power mac g5, laptop is for my dad and for me to play games on.

i was talking to a guy at the Apple store and he said that there was a new study that just came out saying that Apple support well passed Dells support. so Dell is no longer in the lead.

That's study is from March issue of Consumer Report and Apple Rank #1 and Dell #2.

no i asked him about that and he said this is a new one. pretty cool- Apple scores bettter two times in a row

Auotomator says: emachines are obselete and continue to degrade the human mind with irrelevant design and a breeding place for harmful bugs/worms/viruses.

My father-in-law purchased an eMachine for his office at the church and one for his wife. They work generally well, but they suffer from one major issue. They run Windows. :roll: :wink: :lol:

An hp zv6000 is another great choice