groomsy57

12" iBook or PowerBook

I am very interested in obtaining either a 12" iBook or 12" Powerbook. Ideally, I'd like it to be in great working condition, with at least 1.33 GHz processor. The battery condition and the amount of RAM aren't really an issue as I can replace these easily. I'd also like for them to have bluetooth and at least a wireless g card (sorry if these are standard on these models, I'm not very familiar with them). I'm just looking for a great, portable Mac. Thanks,

Todd

Looking back, it looks like you want something from mid-2004 or newer.

See Apple Specs

Looking back, it looks like you want something from mid-2004 or newer.

See Apple Specs

I had a G4 PB 1.5ghz, loved it to bits. I also had a iBook G4 "Think?" and I liked it. Both of these laptops are fantastic if you already own one however in your case I would suggest you get a Intel Mac as they are faster, dont run as hot and more importantly better supported both in hardware and software (yes yes I understand what universal means, slow on a PPC).

Have a look at Apple refurb section, I have bought many Macs this way and cant fault it.

As a owner of an iBook G4 12" and iMac Intel c2d, I also strongly suggest you go with a MacBook. There is no future in PowerPC mac and it is like 1/4 (maybe even less) of the speed of Intel c2d Mac. I think Leopard will be the last version of Mac OS X supporting PowerPC (just my opninion).

If you don't have the money to buy a new MacBook c2d, try to find a used MacBook cd.

I have thought about the Macbook route, but basically all I want is a laptop that can pull off at least 4 hours of battery life, where all I do is type notes and surf the internet occasionally while on campus. A new Apple store opened in my city and I couldn't resist myself: I bought a new iMac. I have a Macbook Pro too, but I feel it's just too much power to have as a secondary computer. It made a good desktop replacement for over a year, but now that I have a desktop, I'd like a good portable computer.

I have thought about the Macbook route, but basically all I want is a laptop that can pull off at least 4 hours of battery life, where all I do is type notes and surf the internet occasionally while on campus. A new Apple store opened in my city and I couldn't resist myself: I bought a new iMac. I have a Macbook Pro too, but I feel it's just too much power to have as a secondary computer. It made a good desktop replacement for over a year, but now that I have a desktop, I'd like a good portable computer.

I'm not sure I understand you! You want to sell the MacBook pro to buy an Ibook 12" or Powerbook 12"? If it is the case, buy a MacBook you will be happy! They are little bigger 13" but it should be fine for you!

Even web browsing on my iBook is slower than the iMac c2d.