monkeywrench67

Can I change my poof?

I've looked all over to find something that would allow me to change my dock poofs. I found a program on Version Tracker called Poof!, but the download site was dead.

I've looked all over to find something that would allow me to change my dock poofs. I found a program on Version Tracker called Poof!, but the download site was dead.

I Googled "change OS X dock poof" and came up with several dozen hits on how to do this, I'd give that a shot.

roog

I Googled "change OS X dock poof" and came up with several dozen hits on how to do this, I'd give that a shot.

roog

I did the same, and saw all of the hits, but they all seemed to lead to dead ends or refer to accessing OS 9. I know there has to be a simple solution, I just appear to be looking in the wrong places.

I did the same, and saw all of the hits, but they all seemed to lead to dead ends or refer to accessing OS 9. I know there has to be a simple solution, I just appear to be looking in the wrong places.

I think xDock will do that, but I don't think it's even Tiger compatible, just for 10.2 and 10.3.

There are also some more involved ways to do this, including this way, which requires you to edit the png file that OS X uses:

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/exce...ndex.html#chap3

roog

you can also go into the system folder and change the .png

/system/library/coreservices/dock/contents/resources/poof.png

you can also go into the system folder and change the .png

/system/library/coreservices/dock/contents/resources/poof.png

That is very cool. I doubt I will do it just because I would see it so rarely but it wouldn't be hard to build a very cool little zap or something.