podgirl

Supportive Spouses?

If you have a spouse, is she or he also a Mac lover? Or do you have to excitedly talk about the latest Apple news while looking at glazed over eyes.

I got my old nano ready for my DH to use in the car and then a few days later asked how it was working and he said he hadn't used it yet. :o:lol:

I have converted my DA (Domestic Associate/Partner) to Mac. She now loves them (but, I used to ge the glazed eyes thing) and has recently requested use of the Nano. I set it up with her preferred playlists, but, she hasn't actually had a chance to use it yet either.

So, don't feel bad. Even if they WANT Mac stuff, it doesn't mean they'll gt to it quickly.

I actually lost a girlfriend once because of my obsession. She told me it was my mac or her.

I chose the mac.

I think having your own interests and hobbies are a staple of a good relationships. Just remember to meet up somewhere in-between :-)

Man its good to be single lol

If you have a spouse, is she or he also a Mac lover? Or do you have to excitedly talk about the latest Apple news while looking at glazed over eyes.

I got my old nano ready for my DH to use in the car and then a few days later asked how it was working and he said he hadn't used it yet. :o:lol:

My wife gets it, although she isn't a real techie or gadget geek like myself. She bought me an iPod without me knowing the second day after they were announced in 2001 so I knew it was gonna last from that point on. Not only has our relationship lasted but that iPod is still kicking it too. lol

roog

i've been with my gf for about 16 months now and she's rad! to the point that i'm pretty sure rings will be involved down the line. not a computer geek per se, but big on sci-fi and such. firefly, bladerunner, asimov... when she asked to watch empire strikes back and started quoting lines before they happened it frikkin floored me!

anyway, she still has a dell that her dad gave her, but when we were in a mac store recently she got super excited about macbook beauty & functionality. so i give it a year (tops) before she rejects the empire...

and that's when i'll bust the proposal...

(just kidding, i will regardless;)

So I'm booked for 3 concerts coming up in the next few weeks which means $$$$ for Apple products. I told my husband I'm thinking of getting an AppleTV so I(we) can watch video podcasts down in the TV room and he said, "Oh no, not another box." And then, "Is it a PVR too?"

Aggghhhh!

I'll still buy one. ;)

My wife doesn't much care about tech but she does enjoy it when something is all setup and easy to use. She has a 4 year old compaq laptop and she would love an apple, a macbook probably, but it's not in the financial cards right now. Windows really bugs her and she would like to use something else.