Kosmos

Laptop Keyboards

I have a question about the keyboards on the current Apple Notebooks.

The MacBook appears to have a bit more space between the keys and the MacBook Pro seems to be a standard keyboard. I will be purchasing a new Laptop very soon, and as a student and a writer I want the one that is most ergonomic.

I would like to hear your thoughts about the MacBook and Macbook Pro keyboards.

i prefer the feel of the Macbook pro keyboards over the macbook because the mbp feels more sturdy and is easier to type on in my opinion. Don't get me wrong the macbook has a great keyboard but the mbp is slightly better and its more like the ones your used to so there wont be a learning curve for your hands. And the Mbp has backlighting a very cool yet practical feature that i would not pass up. So those are my two cents... get the mbp if you can but if not don't sweat it the macbook has a great keyboard too :)

I kinda like the Macbook keys better, but I've never really used either keyboards to a large extent. I almost always have an external keyboard hooked up to my Macbook (which if you're going to be using almost any laptop in one place or a few places mostly, is probably a worthwhile investment.) But from what I've used of my Macbook keyboard, the keys are softer, and there is some adjustment, but once you get going on it it feels pretty good.

Probably would be best to go to an apple store, or some place that has both, and then try out each for maybe 20 mins, since noone can really say which is gonna be better for you, that'll probably tell you a lot more then people relating their preference.

it depends on if you want to spend an extra grand for your laptop... cause the macbook pro has extra things in it (like a video card, the macbook's is intagraded, correct me if i'm wrong) and a better procceser, and i believe you can get more ram on it??

so if your just using it for writing and small things i would suggest that you get the macbook and if you don't like the keyboard go to wal mart and get a 30 usb keyboard that you like better :)

I have been using my MacBook for over a year now and the heyboard feel very nice, especially for touch typing. I do not have any problem getting used to it at all. As a student/writer, I think the MacBook fits you better as the MacBook offers plenty of power and great portability. In my opinion, two factors drive the need for the MacBook pro: 1. More power (processor, graphics, ...) and 2. Larger screen size.

keyboards are relatively cheap. Get the computer you want and if you don't like the keyboard, plug in a usb keyboard

The only thing I would need the Nvidia graphics card for would be World of Warcraft, but I'm sure the MacBook would run that game just fine, right?

I think that the Macbook can run WoW, how well it will run it is another matter.

It looks like the Macbook can run it fairly smoothly on lowest settings with the latest update of WoW, but anything over that you'll run into problems. Thats assuming you have a good amount of RAM (most people saying they got around 50fps have 2gb of RAM)

Totally prefer the MBP keyboard. But buying a MBP for mostly typing is a lil overpriced. Keep in mind, though, you can always (when you're going to do a lot of typing) get a full USB/Bluetooth keyboard and just attach it to the MacBook. I miss my number keypad, so I hook up a full keyboard whenever I get a chance.