Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Mac

iPod touch USB 1.1 compatibility

I just read on the Apple support site that the iPod touch does not support USB 1.1!!!!!!! That is a BIG problem for me cause thats what my ibook has!!!!!!! I read this thread:http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?t...59&tstart=0 on the Apple discussion forums, and I one person replied and said it did work, so I HOPE it does, but does anybody here know if it works? If you have been able to sync your iPod touch over 1.1 PLEASE let me know!!!!!!!!!!!

I just read on the Apple support site that the iPod touch does not support USB 1.1!!!!!!! That is a BIG problem for me cause thats what my ibook has!!!!!!! I read this thread:http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?t...59&tstart=0 on the Apple discussion forums, and I one person replied and said it did work, so I HOPE it does, but does anybody here know if it works? If you have been able to sync your iPod touch over 1.1 PLEASE let me know!!!!!!!!!!!

Usually the stuff is backwards compatible...just REALLY slow.

If it isn't you can always just buy a USB 2.0 PCMCIA Card.

I know, I am just wondering if Apple put something in the software to prevent it from working. I really want to be as sure as I can that it will work before I buy it. PLEASE MORE OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I am just wondering if Apple put something in the software to prevent it from working. I really want to be as sure as I can that it will work before I buy it. PLEASE MORE OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!

The only way to get sure proof is to hook one up. Bring your laptop to a friends house (a.k.a. test dummy) who already bought one (or find someone who has one and make friends REALLY quickly) or go to to the Apple Store in your area (during the slower hours of the day) and see if they'll let you hook one up for kicks and giggles.

Or you could just bite the bullet and get it. Apple as a 14 day return policy, so if it doesn't work, send it back.

Seems like all is good but obviously slower, link to Apple support.

Grahams suggestions is the way I would go, Apple dont kick up a fuss when returning items provided you have followed the T&C's ;-)

Well, I am pretty comortable with getting one now, i called my local store and they said they would let me test my ibook with a display model before purchasing if I wanted, but of course, they just sold out as well!! DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: . Good news is, they said their next shipment should have no screen issues, but now I have to wait till the 30th to get one since I am only near an Apple store on Sundays and the nearest one is an hour away. DAMN!!!! :angry:

Well, I am pretty comortable with getting one now, i called my local store and they said they would let me test my ibook with a display model before purchasing if I wanted, but of course, they just sold out as well!! DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!! :angry::angry::angry: . Good news is, they said their next shipment should have no screen issues, but now I have to wait till the 30th to get one since I am only near an Apple store on Sundays and the nearest one is an hour away. DAMN!!!! :angry:

Cool...keep us up to date on the final outcome! :) I'm curious too, now.

The store is out, AGAIN!!!!!! I think I am just gonna order one online, I am sick of waiting till I can get to an Apple Store only to find out they are sold out.

I finally got one!!! It DOES sync with USB 1.1 for me on my ibook, but as expected, its slow. This is a tremendous product and I encourage anyone considering buying it to go try one out then take one home!