Harry_The_Bustard

Apple In The Dock

Nothing really new here. France and Norway, I believe, have complained about these things already, but seem to have backed off.

IMHO, One columnist from the BBC isn't going to generate a furor.

I think we will see more and more attempts to damped down Apple's dominance and the outcome will be bad for them after all they are just as bad as Microsoft with this regard if not worst.

They will have to free the iPod from iTunes its just a matter of time.

I think we will see more and more attempts to damped down Apple's dominance and the outcome will be bad for them after all they are just as bad as Microsoft with this regard if not worst.

They will have to free the iPod from iTunes its just a matter of time.

I agree we'll see more attempts, but, if successful, it will just cost them the European market. There are lots of music players, unlike OS. They have a dominant market position but they aren't a monopoly at all.

Those attempts aren't really happening here in the US and if they have a real problem over there, I think they'll put the music store out of the EU.

Nothing really new here. France and Norway, I believe, have complained about these things already, but seem to have backed off.

IMHO, One columnist from the BBC isn't going to generate a furor.

On thing that you have to remember in these types of situation is that the EU is not as leaneant with large corporations as in the US. The thought must if crossed or mind that these are US companies not European which, when they go to court (almost inevitable for Apple) will be a factor (I think). I'm not trying to imply that the EU is corrupt and I'm no legal expert (that's probable already evident) but a monopoly is never good

PS English chocolates are the best *the only relevance that had was England is a member of the EU*. :lol:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree since our discussion of the matter is moot. I don't see that they have a monopoly and much of the restrictions within their systems are based on contractual agreements with the various music companies.

Oh, and I found the billblog to be fairly ludicrous as he quoted himself and talked about things he had said elsewhere in the third person. Blogging about yourself as if you're somebody else is kinda weird IMHO. I'm much more in line with the roughlydrafted scenario.