Sign in to follow this  
jonnygreen

Firefox NoScript quicktime problems

Hi,

I've searched hi and low and still can't seem to find an answer, although I'm convinced it's really simple.

I'm running the latest version of Firefox, plus the latest NoScript add-on.

I can't seem to get pages to play quicktime movies in YouTube, as I just get a question mark over the 'Q' symbol where the video should be.

The sites all work fine in Safari, plus I've tried various different NoScript settings, even allowing Java and Javascript, adding YouTube to the Whitelist etc, but still no joy.

Weirdly, the quicktime movies on Apple's website work fine in Firefox, and any other new site if I "allow" the site in NoScript. Is it maybe something to do with the way I have YouTube configured in NoScript perhaps?

Or is it something to do with Firefox?

Does anybody have any bright ideas?

Many thanks.

Hi,

I've searched hi and low and still can't seem to find an answer, although I'm convinced it's really simple.

I'm running the latest version of Firefox, plus the latest NoScript add-on.

I can't seem to get pages to play quicktime movies in YouTube, as I just get a question mark over the 'Q' symbol where the video should be.

The sites all work fine in Safari, plus I've tried various different NoScript settings, even allowing Java and Javascript, adding YouTube to the Whitelist etc, but still no joy.

Weirdly, the quicktime movies on Apple's website work fine in Firefox, and any other new site if I "allow" the site in NoScript. Is it maybe something to do with the way I have YouTube configured in NoScript perhaps?

Or is it something to do with Firefox?

Does anybody have any bright ideas?

Many thanks.

Apologies, a bit more digging and I found the answer which is below in case it helps anybody else:

Go to System Prefs, Quicktime, Advanced, then MIME settings and de-select FlashPix under 'Images' and de-select Flash Media under Misc. The re-start Firefox.