desertrose0601

iPod not playing the full song

I've noticed every now and then that my iPod will play like 10 seconds of a song and then jump directly to the next song. It only does this on certain songs, and I've tried erasing the song of my computer and reinstalling it from the cd, but the iPod still reacts the same way to the song. What is causing this and is there a way to fix it?

To be honest I have no clue but what I would do is restore my iPod and try again.

Yeh I have the same problem.. What iPod do you have?

I have a 2nd gen Nano.

For awhile I noticed it would happen with any of the "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights" soundtrack songs that I *cough cough* acquired via certain means. So I erased my copies and bought the tracks off of iTunes and now they seem to work fine.

I recently had the trouble again with another song - I want to say it was Aerosmith, but I can't quite remember now. Anyway, again, it was an acquired song, which makes me wonder if that's the issue? Can iTunes tell? I do have other songs such as these on my computer and they don't seem to have a problem playing.

Perhaps it's a DRM issue? Maybe those particular songs are being re-released with DRM, so it can tell that I'm playing a non-DRM version, and are crippling those??? Perhaps??

OK, I don't know if this will help you, but I changed all of my songs from mp3 to m4a (aac). I have absolutely no problems now.

OK, I don't know if this will help you, but I changed all of my songs from mp3 to m4a (aac). I have absolutely no problems now.

That's a good idea. I'm going to try that. Then it's in the iPod's native format. Don't know why I didn't think of that before. Thanks! :)