Sign in to follow this  
misecia

TUMT - Customizing Mac Podcast

The first episode of the TUMT Customizing Mac Podcast is finally up for your listening pleasure over at http://www.talkshoe.com, search for TUMT or over at the blog. Will have it up on iTunes shortly, but i would like your feedback first.

This is my first attempt at anything like this. Hopefully it will get better, if you guys want me to carry on with it. Please tell me what you think, and any ideas on how i can improve it for future episodes. All feedback is welcome :)

http://tumtpodcast.wordpress.com

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkC...3462&cmd=tc

iTunes Feed: http://recordings.talkshoe.com/rss53462.xml

idk if its your mic or what (it could be me) but you sound a littel muffeled... kinda hard to understand... i'm sure you can figure it out :D

Actually, for a first podcast, it sounds quite good, although the audio levels should definitely be a bit higher.

Most podcasts suck at their first five episodes, but this podcast doesn't. You clearly have some experience in speaking in public (if not, you have some talent).

My first attempts at podcasting really, really sucked. So much so, that I've deleted those. I just haven't found the right angle yet for my subject. You first need to find something you love and for which there is a niche market, and then you have to find how you approach your subject, so what will be in your podcasts. Next, you'll need to find the proper format, a way to present your ideas. It could be a panel discussion, a talkcast, duo-presentation, monologue, interview, guest presentation, etc. Not all formats will fit your particular talents or circumstances.

I think the talkshoe is an excellent platform for both a preproduced (like your first episode) and a life show, either recorded or just streaming. If you want more help with technical issues, consider contacting Victor Cajiao of the Typical Mac User podcast. He is quite knowledgeable and I've heard he's quite approachable as well.

One tip from me: you have a slight accent, perhaps you could talk a bit slower so that people who are not familiar with your particular accent can follow what you say. I had to listen to the podcast twice to understand what you actually said. Of course, I'm not a native English speaker, so perhaps it was just that. You don't have to spell it out, just talk a bit more relaxed, take more time for what you have to say.

I think you're quite courageous to put out your first podcast as a talkcast. I personally would be too nervous to attempt such a thing, and would prefer to create some episodes for my friends and family first, to sharpen my skills before going public.

idk if its your mic or what (it could be me) but you sound a littel muffeled... kinda hard to understand... i'm sure you can figure it out :D

i was using a handheld mic, i redid the podcast with a lapel mic and should be a lot clearer now.

Actually have no public speaking expertise and this is the first time i've done this sort of thing, just learning as i go.

Just finished the 2nd episode and that should be up some time later today.

Edited by misecia

had a few problems with talkshoe :angry: , will update the podcast later today with a new episode.