Sign in to follow this  
doz

iPod Touch chaos in UK

Well it's October 2nd today and guess what? Still no iPod Touch. As a matter of fact the Apple Store in London's Regent Street (flagship branch in UK) has not had any units since the 27th of September.

The 27th I hear you ask? That's right - there have been none since the official release date of September 28th. They had a sneaky delivery on the 26th of September but have had none since.

I did my best to be one of the first to buy one (as of today I still do not have one!) but trying to eastablish when the Apple Store had/will receive stocks is near impossible. All my calls in early Sep were always answered in the same way. "We'll have them on Friday Sep 28th - try again then". Well that was BS and the fact some units came in early and were sold out by Sep 28th makes it even more infuriating.

As of today nobody at the Apple Store has any idea when the next delivery is coming. There is no info on the Apple website indicating wherther Regent Street has stock and trying to phone them is a disaster. They have only one operator taking calls and waits of over 25 mins ahould be anticipated! There is no pre-recorded message reflecting iPod Touch availability either. I can only assume Apple wants to infuriate customers, overwhelm their switchboard and waste everybody's time. They have no brought in extra staff to handle the inevitable glut of iPod Touch inquiries. Why there is one guy handling the switchboard is beyond me. Everytime I go into the Store I see loads of staff milling about on the shop floor, some with their jeans hanging so low you can see their ass-cracks.

So every morning I call the store, wait 25-30 mins, and suffer another disappointment. "Soory. No iPod Touch. Sorry. Dunno when they're coming in".

Apple . Sort it out.

[bTW I don't want to buy it through the Apple on-line store for reasons I cant be bothered to go into now.]

Edited by doz

I hear your frustrations and agree that this product launch is fast turning into a farce, I ordered mine online weeks ago and im still waiting.

I live 10 minutes from the Meadowhall Branch and last week popped in to have a gander at the new Touch and when I asked if they had any instock I was laughed at and then told they had stopped reserving them due to the "massive" backlog. The thing that pissed me off more was the lady stood next to me being showed the Touch by a member of staff that then promptly took her details for reservation, guess she had better Breasts than I.

Apple are a poor performer on the high street when it comes to customer service, arrogance it seems is still alive.

BTW I just waited in all day for my Touch and have just noticed the "Delayed" stamp on my tracking details FFSake!!

yea, it might be worse over there, but i know we've been sold out here in minneapolis all the time too.

Apple must have so much money that it doesn't matter if customers cant get the products? or are they just crap at handling the growth of the business?

Update: Just spoke with TNT and Apple and they both blame each other for the delay, looks like the end of the week before I will take delivery as its still being messed about with by Chinese slave workers, this is very poor.

iPod Touch chaos in Japan too. Some people who ordered early at the online apple store got their's on the 23rd, but Windows users find out they are unable to unlock their iPods due to a bug in the iPod Touch firmware that had problems with international versions of Windows. So Apple Japan comes out and says that they will release a fix later that week. Firmware 1.1.1 comes out and fixes the issue, but Apple is still not selling touches in their Apple stores. So looks like we're having similar experience as in UK. What about all the other countries?

I pickup one up from Waitrose/John Lewis on Saturday morning. I had one on order from Apple and it was 8 days until shipping. I popped into Waitrose and they had five in stock, so I bought one - expecting to be able to cancel my Apple order when I got home. Only trouble is, when I got home, my Apple order was SHIPPING, so I now can't cancel the order. I guess I'll have to return it when it shows up.

BTW - I'm really impressed with the Touch! A thing of beauty. Everyone I've shown it to is really impresed - even the Apple cynics. It will last me until iPhone 2.0 turns up anyway.

Do you think hat they have run out of memory? due to the demand of iphone and ipod touch.

Or

Do you think that it is being held back to stop Iphone sales from being effected?

Do you think hat they have run out of memory? due to the demand of iphone and ipod touch.

Or

Do you think that it is being held back to stop Iphone sales from being effected?

I think the screen issue has held them up big time and the fact that the company is in product overdrive at the moment and it seems like all the management are on holiday.

I doubt they have fallen short on flash as this should have been sorted many months ago.

Im still pissed at Apple for a day spent at home, doing nothing but surfin, music and a film or 2 lol

I WANT MY TOUCH!! Please....

I walked into my apple store (Bullring, Birmingham, UK) on the 18th of september and happily strolled home with my 16GB iTouch.

This was their first batch of only about 30, dunno how many they have in stock now!

Keep trying im sure you will get one....Good Luck

I when to the apple store, and played with it there, lucky they were out of stock or otherwise i would of spent £199

will have to wait for the iphone, not long now!

I'm also glad that the Apple Store in Solihull was out, otherwise I would have spent my hard earning and very patient iPhone money!

The iPod touch seems to be pointlessly crippled IMHO. Why no entry into the calander, why no email, why no wi-fio syncing?

It is a beautiful thing though!

the touch is now hacked... and all the iphone apps are compatible... now also i've heard that apple plans to add notes and the add button to calender.... I believe if you look around a bit, they arn't doing wifi syncing because of slow speeds... no email is the biggest downside to it... but.. i will most likly hack mine lol... if i ever get one...