Sign in to follow this  
afropete14

CD stuck in Macbook Drive

Ok so here is the deal. I put a cd in my Macbook's drive and then when I went to eject it it never came out. I can no longer look at the data on the cd because it seems to not know that it is there but I also cannot put a new cd in because there is already one in the drive. I know how to manually eject CDs with tray drives but not with a Macbook's slot loading drive. Is it even possible? Is there a way I can get it to notice the disc so that maybe it will be able to try to eject it again? Your help would be greatly apprecaited!

you can either restart the macbook while holding the trackpad button (or left click on a mouse),

or you can type "drutil tray eject" without the quotes into a Terminal window (applications>utilities>terminal).

If none of the software workarounds work for you. Try this at your own risk. When you look at the felt opening where the CD/Dvd gets inserted there is a pin sized hole to the side of it. Left or Right depending on which model. Use a paper clip and press the emergency release button that is hidden in felt.

Also was it a weird shaped cd? Below is a link to apples site that shows acceptable cd sizes and shapes for slot loading drives.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88275