Sign in to follow this  
scoates

iPod Touch Autobrightness broken?

Has any iTouch user actually seen autobrightness working? I have my brightness level set to the mid-point and Autobrightness On; but moving between different ambient light levels seem to have no effect on the screen brightness. I've also tried covering up the light sensor (left hand quarter of the top bezel) but still can't see any change in screen brightness. I don't think it's a hardware fault as this is my second iTouch, and both did the same thing (i.e. nothing). Am I missing something?

I just checked mine and it appears to be working fine. I have my screen set to about 50% and when I enable Auto-Brightness the screen dims quite a bit at my current location.

Edited by RailRider

One thing I have noticed about my iPhone is that when I'm driving and using it at night when I first start using it (slide to unlock) it will dim. However if I turn on the dome light it will get brighter, but when I turn the light back off it won't readjust and stays very bright until I lock it and unlock it again.

It's still early in your warranty, if you can have it checked out I would definitely get an official Apple opinion on it.

roog