Thorsten

Leopard can be preordered shipping 26th October

Its official Leopard is shipping on the 26th and we can preorder it now, in the Apple Store.

I preordered right away, can't wait :-)

Its official Leopard is shipping on the 26th and we can preorder it now, in the Apple Store.

Yep its official, so come guys and gals who is buying and installing on day of release??

Not me, perhaps ;-)

Leopard AND Leopard Server will be available. $/€ 129, €/$ 299/999

cheerio

Rob

I'm going to buy Leopard the night it comes out, and my girlfriend is willing to go with me. Albeit, I won't get there at 6:00, but that's alright. I'll take the plunge of upgrading one of my machines, maybe my macbook, to see how it works. Or I might install it onto an external hard drive first, just to verify that all of my apps work.

Im definitely keeping my superduper backup for quite a while until i can verify how stable leopard is.

Just pre ordered a copy now, but will wait to see if there are any bugs first before installing it.

And will do a superduper backup first, just incase.

i keep telling myself to not buy software or hardware the day it comes out... but i keep doing it. i bought my macbook the hour it was put up on the site. i was first at mall of america to buy my iphone, and i just preordered leopard and will probably install it right away.. i think its an addiction or something.. ah well, as long as i have a good backup or two, and i'm not heavily relying on my computer for work or anything, i dont see the harm in installing right away. besides, this addiction seems a lot healthier than some others i can think of. heh.

i pre-ordered it this morning and it is going to get installed on my primary machine the moment i get it.

The last couple of month I was somtimes thinking do I realy need this upgrade?

But the new features are just too, cool I can't wait.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/300.html

But I guess this will be the last time Super Duper will be used?

In the future we will have Time Machine :-)

BUt I will also not install it on the primary machine first I will install it on my Laptop and if it works fine I will install it on the iMac.

But I am not 100% sure if I should do a cleaninstall or not.

I am thinking I won't, I mean why should you?

The library I will anyway have to keep be it from a backup, or somewhere else, same for the Applications.

I just want to continue with Leopard where I left off with Tiger.

And there is not really a godo reason for doing a clean install is there?

I know Adam and Leo are recommending it all the time.

But is there actually a real reason other than that you have a clean system?

I would carry on using SDuper to backup, any drive that is full time connected to your mac is not a backup. I learned the hard way.

I know this seams like a stupid question but is my mac compatible with 10.5? i have a iBook G4 (Mid 2005) with 1.42ghz and 512mb ram. I was wondering because it says on apples site that the minimum is a 867MHz g4 with 512mb of ram.. will it run on my iBook?

Many Thanks

-Justin

I know this seams like a stupid question but is my mac compatible with 10.5? i have a iBook G4 (Mid 2005) with 1.42ghz and 512mb ram. I was wondering because it says on apples site that the minimum is a 867MHz g4 with 512mb of ram.. will it run on my iBook?

Many Thanks

-Justin

Hi Justin,

Yeah you look good to run Leopard but I would invest in some more RAM, 1g should see you right but more the better ;-)

I would carry on using SDuper to backup, any drive that is full time connected to your mac is not a backup. I learned the hard way.

You can actually make a full backup with Time Machine on an external drive and then disconnect it.

So you don't have to use SDuper except if you know another reason I am not aware of.

BTw. I would like to know how you learned that the hardway?

You can actually make a full backup with Time Machine on an external drive and then disconnect it.

So you don't have to use SDuper except if you know another reason I am not aware of.

BTw. I would like to know how you learned that the hardway?

LOL I was using my MBP attached to a very nice 23' Display with 3 ext HHD's, I left home with my MBP to set up a class room in my local church and when I got home I found that my flat was little untidy, like it had been burgled in-fact it had been!! HDD's Gone, Cinema Display Gone and several other expensive things.

I had all my work on those drives and much of my life, I couldn't care a less about the hardware they stole and hope they put it to good use but 2tb of data cant be replaced by the insurance company and eventually I ended up moving because walking into my flat everyday made me feel ill and extremely mad.

IMO I would carry on doing complete "bootable" system backups and leapfrog them off site, Im sure time machine will be very cool ;-) but should not be seen as a "safe backup" and on the point of removing the drive, yes you could but what would be the point as it defeats the object of what Time Machine is trying to achieve.

Just my opinions ;-)

LOL I was using my MBP attached to a very nice 23' Display with 3 ext HHD's, I left home with my MBP to set up a class room in my local church and when I got home I found that my flat was little untidy, like it had been burgled in-fact it had been!! HDD's Gone, Cinema Display Gone and several other expensive things.

I had all my work on those drives and much of my life, I couldn't care a less about the hardware they stole and hope they put it to good use but 2tb of data cant be replaced by the insurance company and eventually I ended up moving because walking into my flat everyday made me feel ill and extremely mad.

IMO I would carry on doing complete "bootable" system backups and leapfrog them off site, Im sure time machine will be very cool ;-) but should not be seen as a "safe backup" and on the point of removing the drive, yes you could but what would be the point as it defeats the object of what Time Machine is trying to achieve.

Just my opinions ;-)

I am not 100% on this but, I believe Time Machine will be able to do everything that SuperDuper does and more.

The only thing I think will not be possible is to boot from a time machine backup as the backups are stored in folders and not on root level, but once you copy the folder to root level you should also be able to boot from it.

But I am quite certain you can make full backups and can store those then offsite.

So there seems to be almost no reason left to use SDuper I believe.

check out the Appleinsider Article for more information http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/10...me_machine.html

Does anyone know something about a 'grace period'?

Just pre-ordered from the Higher Education store - £58.75, what a bargain :D

Just pre-ordered from the Higher Education store - £58.75, what a bargain :D

Wao this is really unfair, I am in Higher Education, but we don't have Higher Education Stores in Germany.

Hm... I might let my friends in the UK order Leopard for me, I wonder does the Apple Store ship directly to Germany?

Wao this is really unfair, I am in Higher Education, but we don't have Higher Education Stores in Germany.

Hm... I might let my friends in the UK order Leopard for me, I wonder does the Apple Store ship directly to Germany?

as far as i know, each country's apple store only ships to that country. i could be wrong though.

as far as i know, each country's apple store only ships to that country. i could be wrong though.

Yeah provbably it just really sucks that there is not Higher Education Store in Germany.

You have to tell them which university you attend and access the store from that university's network.