Sign in to follow this  
alexsantos

handy itunes trick (podcasts source)

Hey, just discovered a neat little trick, I keep discovering these little things - wonder if they are documented somewhere.

Anyway, imagine you have a bunch of podcasts and the little triangle revealing the contents of each show is pointed downwards (for all the podcasts) - you can collapse all the podcasts by command clicking the little arrow.

This is difficult to explain so try this:

Command click the little arrow next to maccast podcast for example and all the other podcasts should reveal themselves too and vice verse using another command click.

I should mention that this work all over itunes where you have those arrows that can collapse or expand enclosed items. What are those arrows called, I heard mentioned on another podcast by an apple developer.

I hope you understand.

Thanks

By the way these arrow keys are the ones found in finder windows while in list view. Unfortunately this doesn't work in the finder, an inconsistency in my opinion.

yeah, i accidentally did the Command-Click to my podcasts once, and found this feature. i didn't know if others knew about it, and i never thought to post it, but it's kinda cool. thanks for the tip.

Wow! On a Windows machine, pressing CTRL (in place of the Command key) does the same thing. I did not realize this until I read about the Command key combination...!

i think there called disclousre triangles