oyah

System Preferences crashing--help!

I'm getting a strange crash in System Preferences. When I select the Desktop and Screen Saver option, the application quits unexpectedly. Other options (Dashboard, Dock, etc) all work fine.

I have tried erasing the com.apple.systempreferences.plist file, but that didn't work. I have restarted, logged out, etc. but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

if you downloaded a screensaver just before this started, try deleting it. they are in Library>Screen Savers.

I'm getting a strange crash in System Preferences. When I select the Desktop and Screen Saver option, the application quits unexpectedly. Other options (Dashboard, Dock, etc) all work fine.

I have tried erasing the com.apple.systempreferences.plist file, but that didn't work. I have restarted, logged out, etc. but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

it can be an amount of RAM issue. If you have 512 meg or 1 gig that might be a problem if you use desktop pictures from large folders.

HTH

Rob

Thanks. Maybe that is the issue, since this little MB only has 512MB. I've been meaning to get some more in advance of Leopard...

Thanks. Maybe that is the issue, since this little MB only has 512MB. I've been meaning to get some more in advance of Leopard...

I have noticed my MPro is using and needing >2 GB of RAM, decreasing to only 2 GB makes it not just slow but - and I don't want that in the winter - shows you the beach ball all too often.

HTH

Rob