Graham

Aluminium Wireless Keyboard

Graham    1

Yesterday I bit the bullet and finally replaced my ageing wireless keyboard with a shiny new wireless one.

My first impressions were very, very good. It's a joy to type on. I don't think I've ever been typing as quickly as I have been on this baby. But after an hour or two's use I start to notice a couple of flaws:

Firstly, there's no number pad. Whilst I'm using the MBP's built in keyboard this never bothers me to be perfectly honest, but when I'm using an external keyboard I subconsciously always reach for the number pad.

Secondly (and most important to me), it interferes with my wireless mighty mouse. I know that bluetooth devices are prone to interference, but I never had this when using my old wireless keyboard with my Mac. The mouse cursor starts moving so slowly, then jerks to a random location on my screen.

So, since I love typing on this thing I'll be heading down to the apple store and getting over my fear of wires on my desk and swapping this for the USB version (which should solve my two main gripes).

TommyW    0

Interesting....

I have bought one and I'm very happy with it. The thing is a joy to type on and is really sturdy and strong. Feels good.

I'm such a long term laptop user I never look for the numbers anywhere other than at the top of the screen. And I've a wired trackball so again no interference issues.

It's got a much quicker connect-to the mac than my sisters BT keyboard does, she has the older version. It's pretty seamless in my experience.

Though if I had one wish... it would be that it included a pointing device of some form...

TommyW    0

Interesting....

I have bought one and I'm very happy with it. The thing is a joy to type on and is really sturdy and strong. Feels good.

I'm such a long term laptop user I never look for the numbers anywhere other than at the top of the screen. And I've a wired trackball so again no interference issues.

It's got a much quicker connect-to the mac than my sisters BT keyboard does, she has the older version. It's pretty seamless in my experience.

Though if I had one wish... it would be that it included a pointing device of some form...

TommyW    0

Interesting....

It's got a much quicker connect-to the mac than my sisters BT keyboard does, she h

Graham    1

Well, this is being written on the wired model and I'm in love. It solves the two problems I had with the wireless and although it causes me to loose a powered USB port on my MBP (I have no use for unpowered USB ports unfortunately).

I do wish the left shift key and the return key were a little bigger, but apart from that it's an awesome keyboard. It feels so nice to type on. I was worried it would feel cheap and plasticy with not having as much travel on the keys, but it feels perfect.

sttrek341    3

i also have bought the new wireless keyboard and have been also having the same problems with the mouse, even though mine is just the regular(one button) wireless mouse.

Graham    1

Bluetooth is notorious for interference (well, according to my wireless comms lecturer anyway), so I can't say I'm surprised.

Bainzey    4

Odd... I have purchased one recently too, and I love it.. it reminds me of my MacBook keyboard and it's slick, stylish and goes well with my mac mini & BT mighty mouse. No interference so far (touch wood) and i love how after a while of it being on and nobody has typed it turns itself off, my other keyboards don't! Good work Apple!

doyleoliver    0

Also bought one a while back, I have the wired one on my desk and a wireless one for controling front row from my bed!

It's by far the best wireless keyboard out there!

goodapple    23

I got the wired keyboard so it would not interfere with my wireless mouse. I really like the fact that it has the number pad and bigger arrow keys, unlike the wireless keyboard. I think wireless keyboards are are a waste of money because it does not really matter whether it is wired or not, but with a mouse, it is definitely to have a wired one so you don't have to tug and mess around with the cord. ;)