Sign in to follow this  
joe28753

Running Leopard Now

my delivery arrived at 9:30 this morning, and i'm up and running leopard.. nothing too fancy.. i need a few hours to find all the little things and such.

I never used stacks whilst I was using the beta, but for some reason I'm using it all the time now. It's also noticeably quicker on my MBP. Won't be upgrading the mini until I can make it look like Tiger so mother doesn't get confused...

i really like quick look. its fun to press the spacebar and have the thing pop up.

some things that bug me at first:

i wish i could have my stacks be viewable as a list. i have my applications down there, and i have a lot of them, its really annoying have to look at a bunch of icons. i want my list of names for easy finding. ah well.

also, i want my black triangle under the open apps in the dock. the little glowy blue thing is hard to see. maybe i'll get used to it.

I just performed an upgrade from Tiger to Leopard on my 2 months old iMac 24'', it went very quick and without any issues. Starting apps feels a bit faster. Originally I was planning to do a clean install, but now that everything works fine, I don't see any reason doing this, or am I missing something?

Hey, as long as the upgrade went well, I don't see any reason to do a clean install.

Hey, as long as the upgrade went well, I don't see any reason to do a clean install.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it :rolleyes:

yea i dont know, i was also going to do a clean install. but i figured that would be unnecessarily tedious to bring all my stuff back.. even with migration assistant.. i didnt want to bother with that. also i reasoned that if it didnt work out, i could always change my mind and do a clean install

I did a clean install. It was a good time to nuke my /Library folder (which seems to be the folder that's responsible for the deterioration in performance over time).

I Did a clean install on my iMac, Fantastic Apple!! Well done :-)

Had a great afternoon at the Sheffield Launch, will post some pics when I finish playing with my new toy ;-)

BTW Spaces is very cool and coming from a Linux background love it even more.

I just did the upgrade and everything seems fine , even down to the wallpaper. The only thing I found wierd was the reg. screen had all the correct info. but wouldn't let me

procceed. It wanted a state and zip code even though it already had my province and postal code there. I was even still logged in here. But spell checks not working. The only problem so far was with Parallels, it started windows but I couldn't do anything with it till I reset the VM and now it seems fine. Now I wonder if I can boot to Tiger on my external?

Yes, you can. I've had dual boot with tiger on an external and leopard on the internal for the duration of the beta.

Yes, you can. I've had dual boot with tiger on an external and leopard on the internal for the duration of the beta.

Ya i'm on tiger now running through my super duper backup, good to have just incase.

Has anyone noticed that "Notes" within mail has a very odd font effect in the items section?

dock-20071026-234207.jpg

Well. I'm also running Leopard now too.

And I must say, the best thing I've found so far is that I LOVE spaces.

Anyhow, all running all ok on my white intel Macbook.

Hey has anyone had any problems with mail? when i open it every time it crashes its fairly annoying but not devastating since im using mailplaine for gmail. Other then that 10.5 is very sweet i love the new look, and quicklook is very useful, the os is very snapy too makes my iBook G4 feel new again. Overall this is a great upgrade and i would suggest it to anyone with a mac wanting something fresh and new.

-Justin

Has anyone noticed that "Notes" within mail has a very odd font effect in the items section?

dock-20071026-234207.jpg

Yeah i didnt like it but if you go into mail setting you can change it!

mailfonts.jpg