Sign in to follow this  
joenspa

World Series and Macs

Hang with me there is a point here.

I work in the audio field on large sporting events. My main events are the World Series, the NBA Finals, Super Bowl and The Olympics. I'm around a lot of international press, written, TV and radio. I have pretty much so been doing this since 1996 originally with a PowerBook 140 by my side. When I started I swear I was the only person on a Mac.

Each year more and more folks have Macs. Windows still dominates, sorry to say, but there are a lot more PowerBooks and Mac Books and Mac Book Pros. Another interesting sign is that the IT staffs at these venues will also give instructions on how to get you Mac into their internet connection. Use to be the instructions were only Windows.

Keep in mind this is international too not just domestic. The Japanese love Macs.

Obviously tons of iPods but also quite a few iPhones this year too.

It's just really fun to see Apple working it's way slowly into a greater market share. Headway is being made and most importantly I don't feel like the odd man out any more.

Hang with me there is a point here.

I work in the audio field on large sporting events. My main events are the World Series, the NBA Finals, Super Bowl and The Olympics. I'm around a lot of international press, written, TV and radio. I have pretty much so been doing this since 1996 originally with a PowerBook 140 by my side. When I started I swear I was the only person on a Mac.

Each year more and more folks have Macs. Windows still dominates, sorry to say, but there are a lot more PowerBooks and Mac Books and Mac Book Pros. Another interesting sign is that the IT staffs at these venues will also give instructions on how to get you Mac into their internet connection. Use to be the instructions were only Windows.

Keep in mind this is international too not just domestic. The Japanese love Macs.

Obviously tons of iPods but also quite a few iPhones this year too.

It's just really fun to see Apple working it's way slowly into a greater market share. Headway is being made and most importantly I don't feel like the odd man out any more.

I went to Van Halen's 2007 Tour concert last night and at the sound board I counted at least 5 MacBook Pros and I bet the computers under the desk were Mac Pros that were driving the dual monitor setups.

btw, Van Halen still is the shiznit.

roog