Sign in to follow this  
thespottedelf

Memory

Exactly. Although when My MBP first came out Crucial wanted £500 for a 2Gb module. That's about $1000! I told them to shove it until they were a little cheaper...

Just remember that Apple doesn't officially support computers with non-Apple RAM. You will need to remove it and put the original RAM back in before they will help you.

Also, if you get an education or government discount, Apple's RAM prices get a lot closer to reasonable.... but not quite there ;)

Edited by pwbeninate

I've never had any problems with getting support unless you're getting something like kernel panics (or some other problem which is possibly memory related). Although I do take my memory out before any machine goes in for repair in case they replace the computer.

Just remember that Apple doesn't officially support computers with non-Apple RAM. You will need to remove it and put the original RAM back in before they will help you.

Also, if you get an education or government discount, Apple's RAM prices get a lot closer to reasonable.... but not quite there ;)

Not true. They don't care about the RAM unless as Graham said it's a RAM related problem.

Not true. They don't care about the RAM unless as Graham said it's a RAM related problem.

When i took my iMac in to a reseller to be serviced under apple care, they did not seem the least bit interest in what ram i had in it. Turned out my issue was ram too, 3rd party at that, they replaced it with OE apple ram. I must have lucked out becasue I am sure that a apple store would not have done this, but the resellers are not Apple employees so they can work with you in ways the apple store can't.