ipodman

Get Scratches Off iPod backs.

Ever since I got my iPod, I've wanted to get the nasty scratches off the chrome back. The most common way to do it i've heard is to buy some of the products which you use to polish it. I've tried it and its rubbish. I've had my iPof for 2 years in my pocket with keys and coins everyday and it was really really bad. If you want to use that you have to keep on rubbing it with tons of the solution for hours, and when you do get some of the scratches off it leaves the rub marks. The way i've done it is with a buffer and some normal metal polish stuff. It is now back to around a week after I had it, only the really bad ones are left on and are hardly visible. Plus it doesn't buff out the apple logo or any of the text at the bottom. So if anyone is thinking of buying any of the scratch products you shouldn't.

Edited by ipodman

Ever since I got my iPod, I've wanted to get the nasty scratches off the chrome back. The most common way to do it i've heard is to buy some of the products which you use to polish it. I've tried it and its rubbish. I've had my iPof for 2 years in my pocket with keys and coins everyday and it was really really bad. If you want to use that you have to keep on rubbing it with tons of the solution for hours, and when you do get some of the scratches off it leaves the rub marks. The way i've done it is with a buffer and some normal metal polish stuff. It is now back to around a week after I had it, only the really bad ones are left on and are hardly visible. Plus it doesn't buff out the apple logo or any of the text at the bottom. So if anyone is thinking of buying any of the scratch products you shouldn't.

great tip and think i will give it a try on my 1st gen nano as its more scratched than a beastie boys record;-)

Funny how a little elbow grease and time can save you money on the so called purpose made crap;-)

Well done!

If I remember correctly the backs are made of stainless steel, sounds like a great fix!

roog