Fokuss

Bootcamp XP Connection issue

Hello,

I am new to this forum.

I just got my new iMac and installed Leopard and XP SP2 via Bootcamp utility. I am having two issues.

1.) While in XP, I cannot get the iMac to connect to the internet at all. Do I need ot go through some set up or get drivers for XP?

2.) According to documentation, I should be able to switch back to OSX via the XP control panel. It says its a panel called "Bootcamp". I am not seeing it at all and I got locked into XP. I found a solution that said to hold the "C" key when rebooting to choose the OSX partition so I am back on OSX, but my mina reason for running XP is to be connected to the net and test web designs in Windows browsers.

Any help or advice?

Thanks in advance.

If it's just to run browsers, I think you would be well served by purchasing either Parallels or VMFusion. You clearly already own a Windows distro and this would enable you to run those Windows apps without rebooting at all.

Do have any different setting on the mac side to connect to the Internet?

All the windows XP drivers are installed from the Leopard disc or whatever it is? I can't remember the new process for installing drivers.

Also I got a tool that will mean you don't need to use windows at all to test a windows look design. Later today when I get back I will post a guide and link. It's built right into Safari you know.

Well I'd be wary about that since webkit and IE6 and 7 are so different, but back to the original problem. The leopard manual says to stick the leopard disc in when you're running windows and follow the prompts. But yes, I agree that if you're not gaming or anything too intensive you should look at parallels or vmware fusion. They're a lot more convenient.