Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Mac

iPhone apps to iPod touch

I just jailbroke my touch, everything went fine, but now I am looking for a way to install iphone apps EASILY since they weren't included in the installer (which SUCKS!!). If someone could help me out with an easy way to install Mail, Maps, Weather and Notes I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

PS I used jailbreakme.com if that makes any difference. Please give me some ideas here!!! What methods have you guys used to get the apps on your touches? How well did they work?

Edited by Mr. Mac

Hasn't anybody jailbroke their touches and installed Apple's iPhone apps yet?

Hasn't anybody jailbroke their touches and installed Apple's iPhone apps yet?

Hi, yep I have freed the Touch and put Mail, Weather, Notes and Maps on, you are correct in that you cant install these from the Installer and I think this comes down to legal issues, the guys and gals over at the iPhone dev team want to maintain the higher moral ground.

I installed the iPhone apps through a tutorial that was posted on youtube and this involves SFTPing into the Touch, dragging files over to several different directories and changing permissions.

Drop me a line if you get stuck ;-)

Are you using a Mac or a PC? I notice the vid. is on a PC. Does it make any difference?

successfully installed all the apps I was interested in. Thanks zionlion!!!

successfully installed all the apps I was interested in. Thanks zionlion!!!

Sorry didn't get back sooner been busy, well as you have figured it makes no difference if you use Mac or that other thing ;-)

Its great you hacked it and hope many more will follow, how cool are the iPhone apps?

Welcome to the cool Touch club ;-)

The experience with the added apps is truly amazing. Its great to be able to have the iPhone experience without spending $60 a month on a plan! The iPod touch is in my opinion the "iPhone for the rest of us." ;)

you can most definetly get the iPhone apps on your iPod touch now.

In installer, just go to iphone 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 (whichever firmware you have) and then go to installl the apps!

Make sure and install the mail prep and google map preps.

That's it!

Deffinetly easier then connecting your iPod through SSH or whatever and then dragging files and changing everything.

Installer does everything for you and you don't even need a computer.

Edited by iJustin