graphicmatter

Quickbooks and emulators

I am a business owner, Graphics. I need to share my quickbooks files with several people on Windows [accountant, bookkeeper] so i don't want to use Quickbooks for Mac, been there done that - it stinks. Has anyone been running Quickbooks on any of the emulators successfully. I prefer to use Fusion or Parallels so i don't need to reboot, but i will do what it takes to be successful. This is for a business account so i don't want to take chances.

Any advise?

I havent run it personally, but I know people who have and it runs pretty good from what Ive heard (assuming you have enough RAM on the computer, 2gb recommended).

And just an unimportant geeky note, those aren't emulators. Fusion and Parallels are virtualization and boot camp is just running it on the hardware.

Greetings,

I have been running Quickbooks for Windows using Parallels for over a year now. I have not had any problems with it. I also use th Payroll service and don't have any problems with the communication with Intuit's server. Quickbooks is my primary reason for having Parallels. Pretty much everything else I do is under OS X, but I also have to share the Quickbooks file with Windows users. I am in Quickbooks daily and it runs great in Parallels on my MacBook Pro.

Shepherdboy

I am a business owner, Graphics. I need to share my quickbooks files with several people on Windows [accountant, bookkeeper] so i don't want to use Quickbooks for Mac, been there done that - it stinks. Has anyone been running Quickbooks on any of the emulators successfully. I prefer to use Fusion or Parallels so i don't need to reboot, but i will do what it takes to be successful. This is for a business account so i don't want to take chances.

Any advise?

Shepherdboy - you could not have given me a better reply - thanks so much!

Greetings,

I have been running Quickbooks for Windows using Parallels for over a year now. I have not had any problems with it. I also use th Payroll service and don't have any problems with the communication with Intuit's server. Quickbooks is my primary reason for having Parallels. Pretty much everything else I do is under OS X, but I also have to share the Quickbooks file with Windows users. I am in Quickbooks daily and it runs great in Parallels on my MacBook Pro.

Shepherdboy

Shepherdboy - you could not have given me a better reply - thanks so much!

Ditto. I own a small business and run Quickbooks Pro on Parallels on my MacBook Pro. My wife does the books on a MacBook with Parallels, and I (have to) have a Dell Windoze machine to access a corporate email server (still haven't figured out how to do that on Parallels). Everything synchs up nicely using a Jump Drive. I don't like the fact that I can't use the Quickbooks online backup service on the Macs, but it does work on the Dell. Awesome software, my business depends on it, and totally happy in the Mac/Parallels world.

Greetings,

Shepherdboy

I was able to install Quickbooks Pro fine on my Mac Book Pro, in Parallels. However I haven't been able to open my Quickbooks file moved over from my PC. I keep getting told the file is corrupted but from the Mac I have put it on a stick back into a PC and the file opens fine. Anybody know Wassup??

--tj

You could also, instead of purchasing Quickbooks, pay a monthly fee for Quickbooks online. That way any staff on any computer with the password could get to the data.

Not quickbooks, but we use Sage in Parallels and VMWare Fusion with the data files shared from an Xserve with the SMB service running with no problems with about 10 users accessing the data. Works well (apart from the inevitable winblow crash from time to time, but that can't be helped).

So, I've had a few and it's getting past my middle-aged bedtime, but I'm pretty sure Adam (or somebody on a podcast) was talking to the Quickbooks folks who said the app is now or will be soon available natively on Macs.

I was able to install Quickbooks Pro fine on my Mac Book Pro, in Parallels. However I haven't been able to open my Quickbooks file moved over from my PC. I keep getting told the file is corrupted but from the Mac I have put it on a stick back into a PC and the file opens fine. Anybody know Wassup??

--tj

Haven't seen anybody replying - I would just backup to the stick again (maybe format it first) then restore to the Mac. I do this all the time, mostly without a problem.

Edited by Dayjob Dave