Neil

Get File Off of iPhone

I did this a long time ago with an old version of iFuntastic, but I forgot to copy over one file and can't seem to do the same on my own (and iFuntastic doesn't view the Applications folder anymore)... I need to grab an image that is part of the MobileMusicPlayer.app on the iPhone. When I sftp into my iPhone I can see the file (/Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/repeat_on_1.png) and when I copy it to my Mac I can't open it in Preview or anything. I am 99% sure it is because of the permissions of that file.

Does anyone know a way of how to grab this image properly. I have tried using "MobileFinder.app" and emailing the file to myself but that doesn't change anything.

Have you tried changing the permissions on the file?

I think I have tried that. I've tried to change it in the get info panel and it says that I can read and write, but when I open it in Preview, it just gives me a question mark (leopard version).

It might be terminal time. Open a new terminal from an admin account and type: sudo chmod 777 and then a space, now drag your file from the Finder to the terminal window, this will automatically type in the path to the file, and then hit return. Now type in your admin password, don't worry that it's not echoing your password characters with stars or bullets, that unix's way. This will force read and write permissions on the file. Even if this doesn't solve the problem you'll at least know that it's not a permissions issue.

-Tom

OK, I guess it is something else and not permissions. Any suggestions on how to copy this over properly?