Hello everyone!

I have a problem (at least I think I do..):

The menu bar bar in my Leopard is not transparent :(

Look at the screenshot: picture1pl8.png

Isn't suppose to be transparent?

How can I make transparent?

Thanks, Leon.

Edited by Leon

There are several utilities going around to remove transparency from the menu bar by people who don't like it. e.g., Opaque Menu Bar and Menu bar Tint. I assume you have not installed these, or you would be aware of it ?

Out of curiosity, what info do you get from typing this command in terminal:

defaults read /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.WindowServer

There's an article on using that plist to modify menu bar behavior on Leopard here: http://db.tidbits.com/article/9320

i think i remember hearing that on some G4's or relatively older machines, the menu bar is opaque. i think it has to do with the limitations of the machine, and it is purposely done that way, its not a "bug". there are discussions on apple's support site and others talking about this. i never did see the resolution though. not sure if there is one.

When typing 'defaults read /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.WindowServer', I get this:

{

Label = "com.apple.WindowServer";

MachServices = {

"com.apple.windowserver" = 1;

};

ProgramArguments = (

"/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Resources/WindowServer",

"-daemon"

);

}

Is that alright?

Also, I actually do have a G4, a first gen mini.

Any way, Is there a way to force the menu bar to be transparent even if it's a G4?

Thanks you guys.

Edited by Leon

Your graphics system needs to support Core Image, which I don't believe that Mini does. It's the same on my 867mhz TiBook. Frankly, I'd be happy. I'm looking for a good way to turn that off that doesn't rely on modifying the background image's cache.

Edited by Trium Shockwave

I'm looking for a good way to turn that off that doesn't rely on modifying the background image's cache.

See that article I mentioned earlier: http://db.tidbits.com/article/9320 It shows how to use the good old "defaults" command to set the Leopard option for the menubar so it's not transparent (your choice of glaring white or dull gray.)

There's also a pretty good collection of Leopard GUI tweeks here: http://www.usingmac.com/2007/11/18/leopard...-terminal-codes

Edited by car1son