Sign in to follow this  
goodapple

Cool safari tip

1.If you really like to use safaris cool private browsing feature, you are probably getting tired with the "are you sure" conformation dialog box all the time. Well, if you have OS X 10.5, when you click on Safari, hold down the option key > Safari private browsing, then you should go right on past all of that annoying stuff.

2. using the snapback button. When you are surfing the web extensively and you find a helpful page for yourself, but then keep moving on in your fast web browsing, but oh! then you need it again and you have to try and find it by pressing the back button or searching through the huge history. But you can use... the snapback button. to use the snapback button, you find a page that is the most helpful to you, hit the snapback button which is where the button is to bring down your history and it looks like an arrow going in reverse.

- Add on your own favorite tip or tips for Safari to make using a whole lot easier for all of us!

Edited by goodapple

These seem to be Safari 3 features, as the OP stated. I couldn't get the first one to work in the older version of Safari.

Ya, I believe it only works on OS X 10.5 version.

Ya, I believe it only works on OS X 10.5 version.

Actually I would bet it has to do with Safari not Leopard. It should work on Safari 3 installed on 10.4.9.

Edited by joshr

thanks!!! great tip!!! im gonna need to use it often!!!LOL

Didn't read all the posts. but i'm throwing this one in.

don't know way i only find this one out now(was looking for this for a long time and accidentally pushed 'command+G' when i saw the FIND feature of Safari.

Just press 'command+F' and type the word you're looking for in the webpage!

Excellent.

(like i said i'm actually a bit embaraced that i only find this out now but maybe there's someone else out there who haven't found this GEM yet)

:)

Maybe not a tip ... more of a recommendation ... but try using Inquisitor. It's a free Safari plugin that makes your Safari search box sort of like spotlight.

Thanks