Sign in to follow this  
innovationcreation

One day Apple sale not offering price adjustments to recent purchases!

I bought a new MacBook Nov 16th with other items, spending about $1700. Not a problem as I needed a new laptop and I decided to switch. Today (Nov 23rd) Apple has a one day sale. Unfortunately, Apple stores are not offering a price adjustment. Sad on customer satisfaction side. Angie Lebanc (sp?) "one of the managers" at Keystone Apple store in Indianapolis, while polite, was not able to take charge and make an adjustment.

Angie used a semantic argument stating "if the prices had dropped I would have been able to offer a price adjustment but since this is a one day sale I can not do that." So prices drop of one day does not count.

On the back of the receipt it says

"Should Apple reduce its price on any Apple product within 14 calendar days of the date of purchase you may request a refund of the difference between the price paid and the current selling price." This means you can request but you may not really get the price reducton :(

A small bitter taste in tasting thr Apple...

Sincerely,

John Blue

After I posted this I called the Apple store and quoted to Angie their pricing policy from the receipt. She was glad I called back because they were going to issue a price adjustment! So the bitter Apple taste is a little more sweet. Unfortunately, I would have been much happier if I had not had to call, talk to several people, get the manager, then get a firm no and then have to rant online.

Angie was able to do the price adjustment without me going into the store because I was able to provider her the receipt number.

So, if you bought Apple items in last 14 days and if it is on sale today (and today only) call or go in ASAP!

Sincerely,

John Blue

I bought a new MacBook Nov 16th with other items, spending about $1700. Not a problem as I needed a new laptop and I decided to switch. Today (Nov 23rd) Apple has a one day sale. Unfortunately, Apple stores are not offering a price adjustment. Sad on customer satisfaction side. Angie Lebanc (sp?) "one of the managers" at Keystone Apple store in Indianapolis, while polite, was not able to take charge and make an adjustment.

Angie used a semantic argument stating "if the prices had dropped I would have been able to offer a price adjustment but since this is a one day sale I can not do that." So prices drop of one day does not count.

On the back of the receipt it says

"Should Apple reduce its price on any Apple product within 14 calendar days of the date of purchase you may request a refund of the difference between the price paid and the current selling price." This means you can request but you may not really get the price reducton :(

A small bitter taste in tasting thr Apple...

Sincerely,

John Blue

I was just going to post that you should call Apple then I saw your follow up. Glad to hear it all worked out.

Edited by joshr

Most retail businesses don't pricematch on Black Friday. For better or worse this is just what they do. I'm very happy for you since of all the retail computer stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, Comp USA, etc.) Apple is about the only one who was honoring their pricematch policy today. Just goes to show one more way that Apple treats their customers just a little better than most everyone else.

-Tom