alanchiras

DVD movies onto iPhone?

I'm going to be flying for the first time with my iPhone and I need to learn more about it. Can I take a DVD I OWN and somehow put it on my iPhone to view it without the segments being chopped up from copy protection? If not, how good are the movies you can buy on iTunes for the iPhone. I want to have Sicko to show to doctors in Boston for a conference and it would be great just to have it to show right out of my pocket.

Thanks! Alan Chiras. Key West, Florida.

I'm going to be flying for the first time with my iPhone and I need to learn more about it. Can I take a DVD I OWN and somehow put it on my iPhone to view it without the segments being chopped up from copy protection? If not, how good are the movies you can buy on iTunes for the iPhone. I want to have Sicko to show to doctors in Boston for a conference and it would be great just to have it to show right out of my pocket.

Absolutely you can... Check out Handbrake! It should do exactly what you need in an easy to use interface!

Try Handbrake, which has an iPhone preset. I don't have an iPhone myself, so I've never tried that setting.

Try Handbrake, which has an iPhone preset. I don't have an iPhone myself, so I've never tried that setting.

You guys are great! Will try this today! Alan Chiras.

Is Handbrake a completely free program, or does it make you purchase the product after a few days?

"HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4 converter, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows."

So yep, its free.

After you get it on your phone, your might want one of these to show it - Apple Composite AV Cable . I've been covetting one but haven't bought yet. I have a similar cable for my old iPod Photo that works well.

I would actually not do handbreak cause it puts all the chapters in there and makes the file ginormas. So I rip it as a normal file and use isquint and convert it that way but its way time consuming, I think its worth it cause of the saved space.

I love how Handbrake works, but when I go to try to put the movies in the file for the iPhone to transfer to it, it only sees some of the movies, and not others even though they are in the same file???

Thanks! Alan Chiras.