2farrell

Switching Family Plans

So finally today, my wife and I bit the bullet and got two iPhones (one each).

We are currently on a Sprint Family Plan and was wondering the best way to transfer our numbers.

My phone is the Primary and hers is the addition.

Does it really matter or should I register her phone first.

I'd ask AT&T but they are closed now until Monday.

I'd like to get this done before heading out of town Monday morning.

I'm not sure, but I seem to remember that you need to activate them separately and then get them in a Family Plan.

Have you searched the forum for Family Plan topics. It probably came up around the original launch date.

I'm not sure, but I seem to remember that you need to activate them separately and then get them in a Family Plan.

Have you searched the forum for Family Plan topics. It probably came up around the original launch date.

Hey there Huskermn, I did do a search but really couldn't come up with anything that seemed helpful.

I wanted to see if there were was anyone else who switched Family Plans and how they did it.

Hopefully someone will come up with an answer soon.

Can't wait to try them out.

I work for Sprint... good to hear you'll be switching to ATT. It's a much better company.

Most important... If you cancel your Sprint account you loose the ability to keep your existing numbers. DO NOT cancel your Sprint account yet.

iTunes will walk you through the entire activation process... I'm pretty sure it's one at a time.

Primary / secondary arrangement really doesn't matter (they both share minutes equally)

Welcome to ATT !!!

I work for Sprint... good to hear you'll be switching to ATT. It's a much better company.

Most important... If you cancel your Sprint account you loose the ability to keep your existing numbers. DO NOT cancel your Sprint account yet.

iTunes will walk you through the entire activation process... I'm pretty sure it's one at a time.

Primary / secondary arrangement really doesn't matter (they both share minutes equally)

Welcome to ATT !!!

Thanks.

I wasn't planning on canceling Sprint until I was 100% sure both numbers are making incoming and outgoing calls AND I verfied the old phones could no longer make or receive phone calls.

It's supposed to all be automated according to the guys at the Apple Store.

The first day consumers were allowed to port cell numbers I moved from AT&T wireless to T-Mobile. While the law clearly stated that they had to honor my request and do so in a timely fashion, they dragged their feet and made the experience rather uncomfortable. After much wrangling and hassle the number finally transferred.

It's been said that my experience was, in part, the result of the time I made the switch. That may / may not be true. What can be said for fact is that the cellular business is very competitive and the major players are nasty. With luck you won't experience any issues.

The first day consumers were allowed to port cell numbers I moved from AT&T wireless to T-Mobile. While the law clearly stated that they had to honor my request and do so in a timely fashion, they dragged their feet and made the experience rather uncomfortable. After much wrangling and hassle the number finally transferred.

It's been said that my experience was, in part, the result of the time I made the switch. That may / may not be true. What can be said for fact is that the cellular business is very competitive and the major players are nasty. With luck you won't experience any issues.

Looks like I had some luck.

Both numbers have seem to have ported over in so much as both phones now get incoming calls as well as outgoing.

I haven't got a confirmation email yet so I may call AT&T in the morning to see if it's safe yet to call Sprint and cancel the account.

Those phones can still make calls (weird).

Looks like I had some luck.

Both numbers have seem to have ported over in so much as both phones now get incoming calls as well as outgoing.

I haven't got a confirmation email yet so I may call AT&T in the morning to see if it's safe yet to call Sprint and cancel the account.

Those phones can still make calls (weird).

Happy to hear all is going well with the switch.

Have you checked the ANI to determine whether your numbers were ported properly?

2farrell ... if you send me your phone numbers, I will check on your Sprint account for you and let you know what's going on (make sure it's canceled correctly)

2farrell ... if you send me your phone numbers, I will check on your Sprint account for you and let you know what's going on (make sure it's canceled correctly)

Thanks for asking. I took care of it.

I actually got confirmation this morning that the Porting for both phones had completed, so I immediately got on the phone to Sprint and asked them to cancel the account.

If you still would like me to PM you the numbers to check to be sure, I'll be happy to.