Flipper

Slingbox

I am interested in getting one for christmas this year but I don't know which one, I looked at the AV and solo one but some of them are a bit pricy at 200 dollars. I have never had one of these before and need some of your guys/ gals expertise :). Thanks

Also, I am a bit confused on slingbox and TiVo, does the slingbox record tv shows and all like a TiVo does?

Edited by Flipper

Ok I looked further into these types of products and saw something that looked a bit better which is the elgato eyetv and that looks really good and it works on the mac, iphone and xbox 360 all of which I use. Without getting it first I wanna know what you guys think.

I don't have any of those devices but my understanding is the EyeTV and TiVo are somewhat similar while the Slingbox allows remote viewing and control of your home TV and/or cable/TiVo.

I've been intrigued by the Slingbox since it first appeared, but, don't travel enough to make it worth my money.

actually i was plessed to see that it was ONLY 200$

I figured that something that amazing would be more like 350$

anyways i would love to get one of those... it can control almost anything, and i think it could be an awesome product if it works how they say it does.

But it sounds like what you want is a dvr. So... i'd personally go for the eyetv if you want it on your mac... but if you got the tivo it is possible to get your recordings onto you mac.. (adam said he does this, on the last maccast loop)