Neil

Why would you want a Mac Tablet?

If you think that you "want" a mac tablet (like I do).... what do you want it for? what would you use it for?

Right now, there are no good notetaking apps that could utilize a stylus effectively (ie OneNote).

Yes, it would be nice to already have a pressure sensitive display for photoshop and what not, but besides that, is there really a need?

I want one... but I'm not sure why.

OK. There's no tablet Mac from Apple. But can we all remember the Modbook?

Yeah, but that isn't multi-touch. Multi-touch is the most important feature of a Mac Tablet for me. If it hasn't that, it isn't worth the attention anymore.

i don't think i would like a tablet. multi-touch is still too new. it doesn't work right and i think it just slows you down. i have an iPod touch, and while i really like it.. i can do things much, much faster on my iPod classic. (even with the super slow firmware) so move that to computers, it's so much easier to point and click to something, or type with a tactile keyboard then it is to poke the screen...

call me old fashioned? but i don't think it's the wave of the future like everyone else does. unless it's implemented super well, it won't work.

i don't think i would like a tablet. multi-touch is still too new. it doesn't work right and i think it just slows you down. i have an iPod touch, and while i really like it.. i can do things much, much faster on my iPod classic. (even with the super slow firmware) so move that to computers, it's so much easier to point and click to something, or type with a tactile keyboard then it is to poke the screen...

call me old fashioned? but i don't think it's the wave of the future like everyone else does. unless it's implemented super well, it won't work.

I agree. Also have an iPod touch, but that was my first iPod, so I have nothing to compare it to. But yes, using a mouse is faster than multi-touch.

A mouse may be faster but it's much less intuitive. I saw a 4-5 yr-old navigating an iPhone with no problem at the Apple Store the other day, including using the pinch and spread to change the screen.

its simple where all tech geeks and its something for us to play with and something for us to show off with. other than that there really isnt any point imop.

they are great for taking notes but any kind of long term use is impossible, ergonomically speaking they are very uncomfortable to use because of the way you have to use them.

they'll crete a generation of hunchbacks. yet despite all my misgivens i still want one i just cant help it

So, assuming that the mythical mac tablet had multitouch... what use would it be? Right now OS X doesn't have any use for multitouch gestures, nor do any apps.

They will have to do a lot more than provide an update to iPhoto to flick around my photos, iTunes music, and what not.

So, assuming that the mythical mac tablet had multitouch... what use would it be? Right now OS X doesn't have any use for multitouch gestures, nor do any apps.

They will have to do a lot more than provide an update to iPhoto to flick around my photos, iTunes music, and what not.

they would have to make a front-row like desktop. the icons, buttons, and menu items are all currently too small for multi-touch. it would be a cool "hey! look what my computer can do!" kind of feature. but, i still see no real use.

but, we'll have to see. apple will convince us that it is the greatest thing in the world, and we'll all buy it; with a side of kool-aid of course.

Not too sure everything would need to be totally redesigned. Many of the buttons on my iPhone are as small as the ones on my screen and I manage to use them just fine.

Then what would be the point of a touchscreen? I can get the same experience from using my Wacom tablet (even though a Cintiq would be closer to a tablet).

I think people wouldn't give much fanfare if it was *just* a tablet. However, unlike Windows, OS X was designed to not require a right click, so I think it would be better for a tablet then a Windows based tablet. If you want a good example of what I mean, try doing something that should be seemingly simple, like deleting your recent items in Windows without using a right click... it can be done, but it will take you a while to accomplish that.

i'd think that it should have a docking station for at home... that it would charge in and be connected to a keyboard and mouse... and that it should have the normal leoparde on it. Cause it would be worthless if it couldn't run the same apps as any laptop.