Kosmos

iPhone and my car.

If one was to plug their iPhone into the aux port in their car they would be able to listen to music, right? What would happen then if they received a phone call? I can't imagine that the user would be able to hold a conversation like this, right? Would it be possible to have to blue tooth headset in and then phone plugged into the port? Do any of you have any experience in this? (I probably should not have given my 30gb away as a gift, right?)

I had my iPhone plugged into the AUX port on my RoadGlide several times this summer listening to music, so I know that works.

Since I didn't get any calls, I can't address the rest of the question.

If one was to plug their iPhone into the aux port in their car they would be able to listen to music, right? What would happen then if they received a phone call? I can't imagine that the user would be able to hold a conversation like this, right? Would it be possible to have to blue tooth headset in and then phone plugged into the port? Do any of you have any experience in this? (I probably should not have given my 30gb away as a gift, right?)

Not exactly the question you asked, but with my iPhone plugged via the bottom dock connection to the car's FM transmitter listening to music it worked fine. Music faded, ring tone came on, I hit mute on the car stereo and answered the call. When I hit "end call" phone hung up, I turned the volume back on, the music faded back in where it had stopped. Pretty cool, altogether.

Oh yeah, I just remembered, while listening to music through the (horribly uncomfortable) earbuds that came with the iPhone, a call came in while listening to music, music faded out, ringtone sounded, I hit the button to take the call and when I finished, the music faded back in right where it had stopped. Since this is the jack that I assume you used to plug into the aux port in the car, this would be more relevant than my other example using the docking connection.

Edited by Dayjob Dave

You might get some feedback issues though. I personally hate using the headset for calls (I feel a right idiot. It looks like I'm talking to myself), so I unplug the headphones when the phone rings and take the call normally. If you're driving you could use the speaker phone feature to take the call. You would probably want to disable the auto-lock feature though.

i'm not sure any of these responses answer the question. with the apple bluetooth headset, you can have the audio out plugged into something to hear the music, and also use the bluetooth headset for calls. the user guide explains this very well. assuming bluetooth is on and the iphone is paired to the headset, press the button on the headset to answer a call.

Thank you. You guys told me all I needed to know. I am reading the manual that Joe28753 sent. Thanks again!

I have received calls when my iPhone is connected to the care stereo, and the music fades out and then you talk and hear through the iphone itself. The iphone did not play the phone call through my care stereo...

also, my iphone never fades back in. it just unpauses without a fade... any suggestions?

Devin