Sign in to follow this  
goodapple

What do you think of Leopard?

goodapple    23

Right when leopard came out on October 26th, I went to the closest apple store to me and got it 30 minutes before the store closed. :D I was so glad! So i have been using it on my MacBook ever since and i think it is an amazing innovation from all of the previous ones. Plus it has a little bit more than 300 new features that makes a huge difference. I use spaces every day and time machine is very helpful. So i believe leopard is probably the best operating system out there right now. So now that leopard has been out for about 2 months, what do you think of leopard?

Here is Steve Jobs giving the overview of Leopard.

mac-os-x-leopard-stacks-wwdc-2007-osx-steve-jobs.jpg

apple-os-x-leopard-screenshot.thumbnail.jpg

I found this funny comic on the web.

1769015455_7f0fffdc75.jpg

Edited by goodapple

rmsmits    0

So far I think Tiger is better. I don't care for the way Leopard connects to servers (not showing on the desktop, but showing all kinds of network machines in the sidebar - machines which cannot even be accessed). The printer setup is also not very intuitive in my opinion and the fact that Leopard uses Helvetica Neue as a system font is also very frustrating for us designers. mad.gif

In all fairness, it's very stable, but it seems that each iteration of OS X gets more and more (unnecessarily) complicated and dare I say it, windows-ish.icon8.gif I feel that much of the intuitiveness that the mac is known for is eroding away in favor of eye candy. I'm reminded of this everytime I fire up my old 9500 with 9.1 on it. It just works.

groomsy57    0
So far I think Tiger is better. I don't care for the way Leopard connects to servers (not showing on the desktop, but showing all kinds of network machines in the sidebar - machines which cannot even be accessed). The printer setup is also not very intuitive in my opinion and the fact that Leopard uses Helvetica Neue as a system font is also very frustrating for us designers. mad.gif

In all fairness, it's very stable, but it seems that each iteration of OS X gets more and more (unnecessarily) complicated and dare I say it, windows-ish.icon8.gif I feel that much of the intuitiveness that the mac is known for is eroding away in favor of eye candy. I'm reminded of this everytime I fire up my old 9500 with 9.1 on it. It just works.

You can change whether or not connected server volumes show up on the desktop (in Finder preferences). Just thought I'd tell you and hopefully solve one of your gripes. I also think that inside Finder preferences, you can change whether or not those other network machines show up under the side bar tab.

I really like Leopard. I have it on my desktop and my notebook. I have had a couple of small quibbles with it, but nothing major. I also had little problems with Tiger, but I'm a guy who always seems to find trouble with electronics. I don't foresee me rolling back to Tiger. I think I'll be just happy with Leopard. :)

Edited by groomsy57

hyuga4168    0

since im only a kid my idea of leopard will be different than all of yours.

things i like...

1. spaces! i love having a neat desktop once in a while.

2. the new imovie. yes even 11 year old kids use i movie :lol:

3. the new iWeb. ever since i created my own website i just LOVED iweb... i like the fact that you can now change the template.

4. the new finder!! this is very very cool to me! i love the cover flow. it helps me find my pictures and documents faster!

5. that one application where you can take pictures of yourself and put effects to them.

things i hate

1. the parental controls!!! i can only be on the computer 2 hours a day!! also i chat on a website (not AIM i dont use that) its called narutocentral. and sometimes there are commentards and they post bad words. if that happens a warning will come up saying "you are not aloud to see this page. it contains inappropriate words." thus sometimes i cannot quote correctly. My dad, rulerofthemoon, took them off for a little bit but they just came on this morning.

yes so i only hate on feature of leopard. so sue me :lol: