BCMacDude

Parallels

Graham    1

I use VMWare fusion. It's worth it if you're going to use it! For me, it means that I only need to use one computer for testing my sites at work (I'm a web developer) so it's definitely worth it for me.

MacCast    80

I like both Parallels and VMWare, but am now currently using VMWare. I just found it to perform a little better than Parallels.

theOlster    0

I concur, VMWare Fusion is better than Parallels. I tried both the demos, for as long as I could, and settled on Fusion with no doubts about my choice!

apparition    0
I concur, VMWare Fusion is better than Parallels. I tried both the demos, for as long as I could, and settled on Fusion with no doubts about my choice!

I use VM as it is faster. I actually created a duel boot Vista partition and use VM to boot the partitions when in OS X. To me this is the best of both worlds as for pure speed duel boot is much better (i.e. gaming) . I get a 5.9 out of 6.0 in the Vista Experience screen. When I just need to use Explorer I go through VM. I also like the DVD hacking tools in Windows better. Due to the over burdening of DRM in Vista these tools work much better in a duel boot situation.

Hope that helps

roogie    1

I just found this thread, does VMware's solution still seem to be the favorable one?

I just bought a refurb MacBookPro and will be getting ready to try one of these 2 programs out.

Thanks,

roog

Graham    1

I found VMWare to be slightly more reliable. I had problems with Parallels when I upgraded to 10.5. I expect they've fixed it now, but I couldn't afford to have any downtime, so I went with VMWare.

rm17742    0

I agree with everyone else. I have used both and VMWare Fusion is a better solution by far. It was a little skechy in beta, but 1.0 and 1.1 rock.

haivu    21

Here is another vote for VMWare Fusion. I purchased and used both and I found VMWare Fusion to be faster and more stable than Parallels. In fact, I am now trying to sell my copy of Parallels because I don't use it anymore.

Edited by haivu

thedoctor    0

Fusion has some other advantages, too. For example, a virtual machine created using another VMWare product can simply be copied over to the Mac and it will function. Currently, it's not possible to go the other way as Fusion supports more advanced features than VMWare's other products, though.

Capucina    0
Anybody use parallels? is it worth it? I'm trying to decide if i should try it or not

i made a couple videos for them, but i dont know if they're good.

check em out for me--et me know what you think

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2EBlYb-PY_E

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s7qxs-YHaGc

I use parallels. I think you should try (if yo haven't already done it)...

I like it. I had no problems with it. I like that it could work in the same time with mac and one more thing - I could save my money! I have a lot of prog which I paid license (the progs especially for windows), so now I don't find any equivalents because I run them through parallels.