alanderego

Ringtone Workaround

Has anyone got the iPhone Ringtone Workaround working?

I heard on one of the previous Maccast Podcasts that the workaround was working again.

Anyone got the details?

Thanks,

Alan

Rename a file with a max length of 40 seconds to m4r. Or use iToner like I do.

There's no real "workaround" needed. You can use Garageband '08 to import your sound, edit it, and export directly to your iTunes ringtone directory.

If you're using Windows, import the edited file into iTunes, convert it to AAC, then delete it from iTunes (but NOT the file from your computer), rename the extension of the converted file to .m4r, and re-import it into iTunes. It should automatically be put in your ringtones directory, ready to be synced to the iPhone.

There's no real "workaround" needed. You can use Garageband '08 to import your sound, edit it, and export directly to your iTunes ringtone directory.

If you're using Windows, import the edited file into iTunes, convert it to AAC, then delete it from iTunes (but NOT the file from your computer), rename the extension of the converted file to .m4r, and re-import it into iTunes. It should automatically be put in your ringtones directory, ready to be synced to the iPhone.

Garageband export only works with '08. If you haven't upgraded to '08 (like myself) then the renaming the file (from .m4a to .m4r) works perfectly fine.

This continues to work in the 1.1.3 upgrade (I've tested already).