Sign in to follow this  
Oliver Barker

Enable Disk Use - iPod Touch

Hey, I recently jailbreaked my iPod Touch and installed the Finder app, however, the iPod Touch isn't appearing on my desktop? how can I add stuff to the hard disk or flash memory?

You need to use ssh or install AFPd.

Both are available through installer.app

You should change it using ssh and the standard unix commands, but by default it's alpine on 1.1.2 / 1.1.1.

You should change it using ssh and the standard unix commands, but by default it's alpine on 1.1.2 / 1.1.1.

When I try to connect, I have my user name, and the password (alpine), but it says it's incorrect. Can you help?

yer, I think the username is wrong...

Well, aren't you supposed to use your admin user name?

No, the username is always root. This is basic stuff, if you read a guide or two on jailbreaking all this will be covered.

No, the username is always root. This is basic stuff, if you read a guide or two on jailbreaking all this will be covered.

It did say that, but I got it confused. I took root as meaning the main user name on the computer. My bad. Thanks.

ok thanks, works! lol, probably getting tired of me now but i've installed the Gameboy Advanced Emulator yet when I drag the downloaded files into the correct location (the files are .gba) it sometime says that there isn't enough free memory when i've got over 9GB left when the files 8mb.

ok thanks, works! lol, probably getting tired of me now but i've installed the Gameboy Advanced Emulator yet when I drag the downloaded files into the correct location (the files are .gba) it sometime says that there isn't enough free memory when i've got over 9GB left when the files 8mb.

That's something to do with how the touch arranges it's data. It has two partitions if you will, one for apps and the OS and the rest for media. There is an app out there that lets you store stuff in the media partition and just link to it from the apps partition (like an alias) but i forget what it is, anyone know?